wigan to liverpool advice

Featured Posts

firstly, I am an experienced narrow boater but new to this website so please forgive any faux pas!.

I have traversed the length of the leeds and Liverpool several times but never ventured up the Liverpool branch as

I believe it has a reputation for security issues in the liverpool approaches.

can any one advise me please? a link to a cruise diary might be useful.

regards HB

We've been a couple of times in the last few years. It's a great trip and we've had no security issues. Problems with props being fouled seem to be less these days we hear. I suppose a lot has already been collected by now! These is a keen volunteer group in Litherland who seem to doing a great job.

Elsan point at Litherland services by the Tesco is OK too. If you have to shop there though make it quick because there are volunteer lockies and C&Rt staff to help you later on.

We haven't moored overnight ever on the section from Aintree to Salthouse Dock...there is no need to.

Electric was free on the pontoons last time we were there. Elsan disposal was either by the boat visiting or by the short trip up to the far marina jetty.

Liverpool is safe, feels safe and there is a huge amount to see and do.