Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
W+T

A Wee one to start again.

Featured Posts

Lest stat with the good news hey

Had a great holiday and enjoyed the rest very much thanks.  

That about as far as the good new gets i think lol.

Now the bad news

For the first time in my lie i am going to have to admit defeat on this project, never have i had to ask for help before, only asking for help not giving in on the boat, nah chance..

This being i am in a lot of pain and often constant and have been so for a good time now with what i think is an old rugger wound from many years ago catching me up. I near broke my neck and now the pain is constant and from neck through shoulder and arm. So this sanding lark is not doing me any good at all so i am struggling to get it done. I am off to the docs soon to see if they can help. physio maybe. Cant live on Tramadol anymore lol. No not addicted.

So there we are i need help, so if anybody can help i will do exchange work on there boat or even car mechanical work. 

Oh yes and i was just waiting for this and expected it sooner,but some may remember the rear deck i had to replace some time ago when i used a crap plywood from Wicks, Well the rest of it i made the locker tops, yes that has no failed and will need redoing again. Not big deal really, will make  solid GRP tops now. 

Edited by W+T

Sorry to hear that Wayne.

I'm no good at sanding, so can't help you there  but wish you a speedy recovery and pain free future.

• Greenie 1

Thanks Paul and Mike for the interest in this old sod who is need of in help. 

As mentioned its only sanding the hull below water line. These are the recent pics i have just taken of where i have got upto, it looks a lot done but only a little is sanded really and more on the rear end is needed to be ground out and filled, along with what has been filled maybe more sanding once sanded back has been done, the usual fill sand fill sand etc. I caked the filler on good so maybe be one session on the sander will do the job without more filling. 

Thats all really that i need help with. I feel a bit daft needing help but the so called mates are busy....fancy that. I have been doing this bit in the pics for weeks as its to pan full in the end. Stop start every minute then even more agony for days after. 

41719248_10217585926664850_3239834564566

41713967_10217585927944882_3240312577246

41720893_10217585930184938_8599687131289

41772119_10217585932344992_7001193461558

I know its not the most exciting of jobs so i understand if are not keen on it. Feel bad enough asking for help as if i can do things myself i do so.  

I am happy to work on your boats in exchange, obviously no sanding like this laying on my back though. 

If anybody can help i really appreciate it very much.

Wayne

• Greenie 1

12 hours ago, W+T said:

Thanks Paul and Mike for the interest in this old sod who is need of in help. 

As mentioned its only sanding the hull below water line. These are the recent pics i have just taken of where i have got upto, it looks a lot done but only a little is sanded really and more on the rear end is needed to be ground out and filled, along with what has been filled maybe more sanding once sanded back has been done, the usual fill sand fill sand etc. I caked the filler on good so maybe be one session on the sander will do the job without more filling. 

Thats all really that i need help with. I feel a bit daft needing help but the so called mates are busy....fancy that. I have been doing this bit in the pics for weeks as its to pan full in the end. Stop start every minute then even more agony for days after. 

41719248_10217585926664850_3239834564566

41713967_10217585927944882_3240312577246

41720893_10217585930184938_8599687131289

41772119_10217585932344992_7001193461558

I know its not the most exciting of jobs so i understand if are not keen on it. Feel bad enough asking for help as if i can do things myself i do so.  

I am happy to work on your boats in exchange, obviously no sanding like this laying on my back though. 

If anybody can help i really appreciate it very much.

Wayne

Hi

back from Malta 26/9.  Give a call when I am back to arrange a meet.  I have various sanders and will bring them with me.  A genny too if needed.

Wayne. There is no shame in asking for help if you need it.

If we were closer to you we would gladly lend you a hand. As it is we have a busy few weeks lined up and then we are away for a week.

If you are no closer to finding help when we get back sure we can sort something out to come and get a bit done.

• Greenie 1

hi Wayne, I understand your frustration, had it myself when knee gave up in the middle of a kitchen floor job.

Do you watch SAIL LIFE on youtube: Mads is renovating a 40 foot GRP yacht over a period of 2+ years, and has tackled most jobs along the way, is an expert in "sanding".   I can't help out, but sending you [hugs].

Edited by LadyG