It's finally happening .

Rickent

Featured Posts

Well folks after having my house up for sale for eight months, having it fall through three times and it almost giving me a nervous breakdown, my house sale completes on friday. I have a caravan on proctors park barrow upon soar and a mooring secured so all that remains is to clear the last few bits from house move into caravan whilst looking for a boat and start our new life.

To say we are looking forward to it would be an under statement. :-)

Well done you. Moving house is up there in the high stress levels. Im glad that you have that out of the way. Best of luck with your search. We were lucky enough to find our baby on the second viewing. Hope that you have the same luck.

Well folks after having my house up for sale for eight months, having it fall through three times and it almost giving me a nervous breakdown, my house sale completes on friday. I have a caravan on proctors park barrow upon soar and a mooring secured so all that remains is to clear the last few bits from house move into caravan whilst looking for a boat and start our new life.

Sounds like us ten years ago.

We only have one regret.......wish we had done it sooner.

Happy hunting.

Rob....

Had lots of noise problems from inconsiderate neighbours for the last few years so just looking forward to some peace.

We had noisy neighbours, noisy street in fact ! 5 years as cc' s & love being able to moor in peaceful spots, we just untie the ropes & move on if it gets noisy :)

Our street is also very noisy. Always something going on and people cutting through after nights out in town. Summer can be particularly bad for sleeping when you have to have windows open more.

Bring on the peace.....

Selling a house can be very stressful indeed but great when it's over. Good luck in your new adventure! I hope you find the right boat for you in the near future.

Thank you all for your kind wishes, I have been on the go non stop for days now and I've managed to get all my possessions into a 17 ft caravan. Its took some doing but it's now almost done.

Well, it's no longer happening. It's happened , I am now officially no fixed abode and mortgage free.

My god does it feel good.

Excellent. I hope enjoy your boat hunting now and it won't be long before you are afloat and part two of your adventure begins.

I'll hopefully be joining you soon, house sold subject to contract, should be out by August, then the fun begins cos it certainly aint fun at the moment!

Hope you get sorted mate, we put our house up for sale in August. It fell through three times so my stress levels have been sky high for months but now it all feels worth it.

ho

Thanks Rick, we have an interest only mortgage due for repayment in January this year so we will have to vacate. surveyors been round, 1930's house so he found a few damp patches but nothing structural, not that he'd tell me, I just hope the buyers will get their mortgage without any problems...been looking at boats for months now and have seen a few that I love but not being in a position to make an offer I have stopped looking. The people on this forum are really helpful kind and knowledgeable so when it comes time to choose a boat I am sure they will give their opinion on my choice.

Keep us informed when you buy your boat m8 and good luck

Well done Rick, I'm sure you'll look back on it as the best thing you've ever done, good luck to you too Paul.

I honestly cannot see myself ever buying a house again. Somebody recently suggested that I had bought a boat because I couldn't afford a house and my reply was "I could easily afford to buy a house, but houses don't float and houses don't have engines" and that seemed to be the conversation stopper.

Well done Rick, I'm sure you'll look back on it as the best thing you've ever done, good luck to you too Paul.

I honestly cannot see myself ever buying a house again. Somebody recently suggested that I had bought a boat because I couldn't afford a house and my reply was "I could easily afford to buy a house, but houses don't float and houses don't have engines" and that seemed to be the conversation stopper.

cheers, at the moment me , my wife and the dog are in a 17 ft caravan and its fantastic.