"Thing to store a laptop on a wall" required.

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

I didn't ask for your opinion on my life or what I do in it.

I do not need your "facts."

I do not need your commentary.

Being unwilling to fabricate something that I could not at that point even conceptualise in my mind is not what I class as a failing of my independence as a woman or a boater or a person.

You know nothing about me whatsoever, and yet you cannot simply seem to take it at face value when I state that something is not an option for me. I do not owe you an explanation as to why this might be, nor request your conjecture as to how I have managed for several years now as a boater, based on the simple statement that I do not intend to make my own laptop holder.

My boat isn't going to sink for the lack of a laptop bracket. I have now found an option that I am perfectly capable of installing myself with zero fuss. Nothing needs to be made for the job.

Thanks for your "advice," but I have no use for it.

Nor your conjecture.

Or your err, encouragement.

Forthright and clear

Get in!

Have a greenie

You could get several thin ones into a toast rack.

Or. stick it to the wall with big patches of Velcro. Bang a nail in and hang it up on it in a Lidl old carrier bag.

Biz, I think you need help, have you considered counselling? Receiving it that is, not administering it. There's a thought, Bizzard as a counsellor... mmm.

Biz, I think you need help, have you considered counselling? Receiving it that is, not administering it. There's a thought, Bizzard as a counsellor... mmm.

Well, no I only give it. I've tried counselling folk who have bizarre ideas and to set them up on the right road in life, but they seem to ignore my suggestions and remain in denial.

Why are they in denial? its a big river that flows thru Egypt and not a very convinent place to be if you are trying to give them counseling...

Joking aside, refining bizzards lidl carry bag idea, can you not hang it from a couple of coat hooks in its laptop bag? The straps normally have a loop either end.

Tidies away lappy and bag in a stroke :-)

Edited by gazza

I didn't ask for your opinion on my life or what I do in it.

I do not need your "facts."

I do not need your commentary.

Being unwilling to fabricate something that I could not at that point even conceptualise in my mind is not what I class as a failing of my independence as a woman or a boater or a person.

You know nothing about me whatsoever, and yet you cannot simply seem to take it at face value when I state that something is not an option for me. I do not owe you an explanation as to why this might be, nor request your conjecture as to how I have managed for several years now as a boater, based on the simple statement that I do not intend to make my own laptop holder.

My boat isn't going to sink for the lack of a laptop bracket. I have now found an option that I am perfectly capable of installing myself with zero fuss. Nothing needs to be made for the job.

Thanks for your "advice," but I have no use for it.

Nor your conjecture.

Or your err, encouragement.

Well done Star.

I was going to moderate George's comments, but you've done a good enough job of sticking up for yourself so I'll leave it for now.

What about velcro? You can get some industrial velcro that's self adhesive on the back. A large (very large) panel could be applied to the PC and wall and hold it in place. Just need to ensure that it holds securely...

I was going to suggest the search term eluding you could be "shelf".

But given the richly deserved roasting George94 just received, probably best I don't!

biggrin.png

MtB

(Edit to fiddle with it... and to wonder who you are planning to ask to put it up ninja.gif )

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

I was going to suggest the search term eluding you could be "shelf".

But given the richly deserved roasting George94 just received, probably best I don't!

biggrin.png

MtB

(Edit to fiddle with it... and to wonder who you are planning to ask to put it up ninja.gif )

Do you have any views on charities that you would like to share with us, Michael?

If all else fails one of these?

21jXK8GPK5L._SL500_SS500_.jpg

biggrin.png

I like those they are so easy to put stuff up with..if you use screws then hole has to be drilled and wall plug put in then screwdriver and then it ends up wonky cos I only have hand drill with one attachment...the one that it came with when I borrowed it and I believe thats for masonry so wood don't work so well.

I am not allowed to use power tools or sharp things. sad.png

You see i think hand drill doesn't class as power tool so you could have one of those....

i could lend mine if that manly man don't show

Edited by patty-ann

The difference between bad workmen and good workmen is that bad workmen blame their tools, whereas good workmen make sure they have the right tools.

I'm a firm believer that most of us can do most things around the boat, given enough cash to buy decent tools and enough time. I do concede however that both can be in short supply.

The difference between bad workmen and good workmen is that bad workmen blame their tools, whereas good workmen make sure they have the right tools.

I'm a firm believer that most of us can do most things around the boat, given enough cash to buy decent tools and enough time. I do concede however that both can be in short supply.

Isn't it also about understanding ones limitations though. Yes we can all probably cobble together something given the right amount of time and the correct tools but at the end of the day there is still a 'skill' involved. Years ago I was going to install a cassette toilet on our boat but decided that with the level of carpentry skills I possessed decided it would end up looking like it had been fitted like a complete amateur and would have completely ruined the look of an otherwise very well done professional fit out.

So I bit the bullet and paid somebody to do it for me and as a result it looks like it was installed when the boat was first built as it has been done to the same high standard as the original fit out. I realise we are going beyond constructing a simple laptop storage/holder here but at the end of the day to fit a cassette loo all you really need to do is cut out a hatch, fasten the thing down and then connect it up, but it is I feel still something one can make a mess of as simple as it appears on paper.

Ask me to service the boat though and that was a different matter all together, I find basic mechanical stuff like that very easy - but again not every body would.

Isn't it also about understanding ones limitations though. .....

Yes, indeed. I don't disagree. That is why I qualified what I said by saying most people and most jobs, and given good tools and enough time.

I now do most things on my boat, but it took time to learn how. I haven't spent enough time on plumbing to be confident I can do it well, and I haven't spent enough time on electricity to be confident I can do everything, but given more time....

However, although I might have sounded just slightly over-assertive when suggesting that Starcoaster should make her own laptop holder, I do think that simple jobs like this are within almost everybody's scope. Provided they have time.

Wasn't there a song about that? If I only had time...

• Greenie 1

For anybody who does fancy having a go at making one I did find this very simple easy to make design.

I would however add something to stop the lap top sliding forwards or backwards given it would be on a boat.

4sTuRX5.jpg