CRT answer questions to new T&Cs

GoodGurl

Featured Posts

Another convert, - we are getting here slowly, the problem is there are so many C&RT apologists who see them as doing no wrong.

As someone who talks to boaters on the towpath most days and receives a lot of PM and emails I can assure you that in the real world there is a lot very unhappy with CRT

As someone who talks to boaters on the towpath most days and receives a lot of PM and emails I can assure you that in the real world there is a lot very unhappy with CRT

This is what I can't understand about the whole affair, why piss off a large percentage of your paying customers?

Regards kris

Edited by kris88

CAC is a slang term for the solids that you deposit in your cassette or holding tank.

I think that sort of stuff is spelled with a 'k' on the end . . . . . I was thinking more along anatomical lines.

Please don't be rude.

Which part of 'I only have a home mooring so I can bridge-hop' have I failed to understand?

I think Mike said that he bridge hops within a 20 mile range. Surely this comes within the latest guidelines for CCing anyway, so it's unlikely that he'd be regarded a a problem.

Dumpers have home moorings, but piss take by leaving empty boats on the cut. In some cases, this can cause problems for boaters on a cruise when it is happening in a confined area of let's say, 20 miles.

This is what seems to be coming across from some at boaters meetings, so I am merely repeating what I have heard.

On having read some of your posts, I can see the point of view that these boaters are making, and can in a small way see the selfishness you seem to indulge in.

As far as I can see there is absolutely nothing in the relevant acts that says anybody with a home mooring may not do this though, however much CRT now seem to want to rewrite the rules, or however much some other boaters appear to dislike the practice.

In fact, IMO, most boaters with a home mooring actually happily comply with the 14 day rules, even though the relevant acts are fairly clear this only applied to those with no home mooring.

So the "dumpers" as you call them, are actually still doing better than the law requires, if they move on after 14 days or less.

I'll be very interested to see CRT managing to take a "dumpers" with a home mooring to court, and I'd be surprised if they win, as I don't think they have any powers that are being infringed.

Piss takers are dumpers who leave boats empty especially in popular areas such as Braunston

Why are they "piss takers", if they are complying with mooring time limits?

If a sign says "maximum stay 14 days", why does the fact that a boat is not permanently occupied make the owner a "piss taker". Some people have very genuine needs to leave boats at places with parking and/or reasonable transport links, particularly if they work, and can only make a progressive journey at weekends. Why should they not do so, if it is fully within the current rules?

• Greenie 3

I think that sort of stuff is spelled with a 'k' on the end . . . . . I was thinking more along anatomical lines.

It dates back to ancient Rome and has various spellings around the world

Cacō, cacāre was the chief Latin word for defecation.

The word has a distinguished Indo-European parentage, which may perhaps relate to nursery words or children's slang that tends to recur across many different cultures. It would appear to be cognate with the Greek noun κοπρος, kopros, meaning "poop" (hence, coprophilia). It also exists in Germanic; English "poppiecock" derives from Dutch pappe kak, "diarrhea". It exists in Turkish (kaka), Irish (cac), Hebrew, Hungarian, Ukrainian ("какати"), Russian, German, Lithuanian, Swedish (kack), and British English, as well, caca being childish slang for excrement (similar to American English "poop"), a word whose level of obscene loading varies from country to country. It also exists as a loan in Finnish (kakka). The derivatives of this Latin word appear in Spanish, Catalan, Portuguese, Italian (cacca), Romanian, and French. Also, in Slavic Languages: "kakati".

Why are they "piss takers", if they are complying with mooring time limits?

If a sign says "maximum stay 14 days", why does the fact that a boat is not permanently occupied make the owner a "piss taker". Some people have very genuine needs to leave boats at places with parking and/or reasonable transport links, particularly if they work, and can only make a progressive journey at weekends. Why should they not do so, if it is fully within the current rules?

Alan shame you could not see it was simply a reply to turn the tables on a particular post

Piss takers are dumpers who leave boats empty especially in popular areas such as Braunston

Alan shame you could not see it was simply a reply to turn the tables on a particular post

So is the statement above something you believe about anybody who has to leave a boat empty, particularly but not exclusively?), at a popular location, or not?

I think you and Steve need to come up with a common definition for this new type of boat owner now labelled "dumper".

Does leaving an empty boat somewhere popular, (but within the rules), and just occasionally when you need to, qualify you as a "dumper"?

Or do you have to do it serially over a fairly small range to qualify? If so what range, and for how long?

I'm interested, because I don't yet have sufficient info to work out if I am one, (or have ever been one!).

Edited by alan_fincher

So is the statement above something you believe about anybody who has to leave a boat empty at a popular location, or not?

I think you and Steve need to come up with a common definition for this new type of boat owner now labelled "dumper".

Does leaving an empty boat somewhere popular, (but within the rules), and just occasionally when you need to, qualify you as a "dumper"?

Or do you have to do it serially over a fairly small range to qualify? If so what range, and for how long?

I'm interested, because i don't yet have the info to work out if I am one, (or have ever been one!).

Fine Alan i will leave you to read the thread and work it out

• Greenie 1

So is the statement above something you believe about anybody who has to leave a boat empty, particularly but not exclusively?), at a popular location, or not?

I'm interested, because I don't yet have sufficient info to work out if I am one, (or have ever been one!).

I think you need to read post 102 again, before you get too excited.

Fine Alan i will leave you to read the thread and work it out

Unfortunately he can't as loads of post have been removed !

Regards kris

Dear mods sorry to post here but I don't know how to contact you. A post of mine has been removed from this thread and I don't know why.

I'm pretty certain it didn't break forum rules so I'm at a loss to why it has gone? Please could you explain.

Edited by kris88

Unfortunately he can't as loads of post have been removed !

Regards kris

Dear mods sorry to post here but I don't know how to contact you. A post of mine has been removed from this thread and I don't know why.

I'm pretty certain it didn't break forum rules so I'm at a loss to why it has gone? Please could you explain.

yes it was removed because you quoted a post i had removed and it would have made no sense, to contact me or anyone else you can use the message function at the top right of the page.

GG

I think you need to read post 102 again, before you get too excited.

If you look at (currently!) recent post 140, you will see I have actually commented on your post 102.

I'm not in the habit of quoting and replying to posts that I have not read.

I stand by the questions John has chosen to ignore.

The continued suggestions or implied suggestions, (in this and similar threads), that people have either not bothered to read the detail, or have not had the mental capacity to understand it, and hence that they are not worthy of an an answer, could look to many people like you can't actually come up with a good one, though.

• Greenie 4