Family of 5 evicted from Boat

nbtafelberg

Featured Posts

Uncle Noah.

If you have been treated unjustly and you have had your possessions stolen or damaged, I for one am genuinely sorry, but you like everybody else who has been the victim of one or more crimes you should be seeking redress in the law. Going around telling anybody who will listen that you have been "shafted", may make you feel better but it will not solve any of your problems.

No one was ever tried and sentenced on a web-site, no amount of sympathy will get your property restored to you. You must define the losses you have suffered whether monetary or in some other way and then take steps to make the people responsible compensate you, in our society that means the law, there is no other way.

I always think in these situations that there are twqo sides to the story.

Unfortunately we are only seeing one side on this forum.

What I have seen elsewhere gives a slightly different slant.

I can't believe that a person's property can be apparently "stolen" without a local MP or Councillor being up in arms about it.

There are clearly a number of events that led up to the "eviction", and it is easy to colour your interpretation of those events based on which side of the fence you are on.

Sorry I am an old cynic, but I have given up supporting causes where only one side of the argumant is being presented.

It may seem harsh in the circumstances, but keep an open mind.

Its great, no less secure that a normal unsecure site! Daniel

Dhutch, when I (you) access insecure sites our browser and security software attempt to protect us from the worst threats the Internet can offer. If you access a secure site most of those safeguards are dispensed with. The whole point of a secure (https) site is that it has a security certificate chained back to a reliable authority.

Any site that uses a secure server without good reason and without a valid certificate is certainly attempting to compromise your security. The Shalom family's message is degraded by their choice of media.

I sympathise with the Shalom family's plight but agree with Richard - it is good to fight a battle against injustice but we must 'look after number one', our family. One thing is certain; Vince's campaign will not result in their return to a live-aboard berth in a Welsh marina.

Alan

Dhutch, when I (you) access insecure sites our browser and security software attempt to protect us from the worst threats the Internet can offer.  If you access a secure site most of those safeguards are dispensed with.

Any site that uses a secure server without good reason and without a valid certificate is certainly attempting to compromise your security.

- If you say so.... :)

I prepare for battle! :)

Daniel

Maffi

I don't doubt that Vince has had the rough end of the stick.

But for gods sake he has several small children and must know when it is time to give up.

He should stop being pedantic and get on with his life and allow the children to get on with theres as well.

It is obvious he is getting no ware, and does not look like he ever will,

He is just waisting his time and efforts in this quest.

It is time to move on.

Easy to say, Richard but if he doesn't fight for what he believes to be right what message does that send to companies like Crest Nicholson.

What ever one thinks of Vince and his way of life, he at the end of the day, has to know that he did everything he could to rectify the situation.

And in doing that he is at least giving his children a life lesson.

It is only natural to fight for what you believe in Maffi but the skill is to know when to give in.

I know i have, and suspect you also have worked all your life for what we have to look forward to in retirement, in my case enough to see Dawn comfortable after i have gone, and something for my daughter.

If i/we had spent god knows how many years fighting lost causes would there have been anything to do this with.?

He has made his point, the courts took his possessions not the company "why the hell would they want it" he has lost. it is time to get on with his life.

JUST MY OPINION AND WE ALL KNOW MY OPINION COUNTS FOR NOTHING. :)

Firstly, Thank you to Uncle Noah for joining in here and expressing your views and answering questions.

I have to admit, I'm rather undecided about the whole thing. If everything that you say did happen (and I have no reason to doubt you) then you certainly have a justified cause, and wish you the best of luck. My work has taught me however that there are often two sides to every story, and you'll have to forgive me for 'sitting on the fence' for the timebeing.

All the same, I wish you all the best with your campaign.

Many thanks,

Jon

Firstly, Thank you to Uncle Noah for joining in here and expressing your views and answering questions.

I have to admit, I'm rather undecided about the whole thing. If everything that you say did happen (and I have no reason to doubt you) then you certainly have a justified cause, and wish you the best of luck. My work has taught me however that there are often two sides to every story, and you'll have to forgive me for 'sitting on the fence' for the timebeing.

All the same, I wish you all the best with your campaign.

Many thanks,

Jon

Thank you Jon and thanks to all who have commented here already. We are very grateful. Our time available to reply is very limited. For those who are still curious here's a little more.

https://publish.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/04/308474.html

Kind regards,

I learnt along time ago (I am quite old!) that there is little point in fighting battles that you have less than a fifty percent chance of winning. Whilst I agree that sometimes there are battles which must be fought for the potential good of all, the reality of this situaion is that only one person (or family) will benefit from a victory, and are far more likely to suffer from what increasingly appears to be an inevitable defeat. It is easy to be wise from outside a situation, but I would counsell Noah to use his undoubted energies and talents to build a new life for his family, and put this rather unfortunate experience down as one from which a great many lessons have been learnt. That way it may be possible that within a relatively short time he can return to a lifestyle that is suited to his philosophy, It certainly won't happen whilst this debacle is going on.

Call me cynical but I can't help thinking there is a hidden agenda in all this, Uncle Noah or whatever he calls himself seems to have a talent for self publicity, I can't help thinking that if he had directed his energies in another direction he may not be in the predicament he claims to be in now.

Hello John,

It has come to our attention that you think there may be a hidden agenda regarding Mr. Shalom's attempts to air serious debate whilst still struggling to come to terms with loosing his entire worldly possessions, including his perfectly safe and satisfactory houseboat home of 14 years in a Crest Nicholson Quays Marinas beauty show.

Everybody has the right to be suspicious or scared of things they don't quite understand but let's see if we can allay yours just for starters.

Please do us the courtesy of sharing you thoughts privately via this facility or e-mail direct wwwnoahsark@aol.com

Kind regards,

The Shalom Family Campaign for Justice

Wales

UK

If you prefer you can publish them to the forum, but in the circumstances that's your choice.

To the Shaloms:

I've followed the debate, and whatever the nitty-gritty, I have no doubt that Crest have treated you very shabbily. I also suspect that they've been incompetent in managing the marina (leading to your boat damage).

HOWEVER. Moorings are a constant problem for boaters (livaboard or not). I always tell people "first find your mooring, then find your boat."

Personally, I would never live on a static boat, because it makes things so much harder if I have to move.

The problems with moorings are just one of the disadvantages of living on a boat.

Still doesn't excuse the attitude of Crest, tho'

• 2 weeks later...
Yes maffi

But when you read his posts he makes it sound as if they are diferent people

Yes I have noticed that, he writes in the third person, which gives the impression that he is advocating on behalf of some one else, when he is in fact arguing his own case.