Worcester & Birmingham, ufn btwn Gas st & Granville St

springy

Featured Posts

Back to the drawing board it seems! Just got an email from CRT that it was leaking less but still leaking so they're going to have another go next week.

Edited by starman

Back to the drawing board it seems! Just got an email from CRT that it was leaking less but still leaking so they're going to have another go next week.

Next week??? What's wrong with tomorrow?

My fault! I just double checked and the message doesn't mention Monday

"Works have been undertaken this week to try and repair the hole in the bed of the canal. "Unfortunately whilst we have reduced the leakage, it has not stopped completely. Therefore further void filling and investigation work will continue until the full source of the leak has been found and stopped. A further update will be issued shortly."

Edited by starman

Was on the train this morning and noticed a big line of moored boats at the vale. Other than the usual cm'ers, I wonder if the others are assuming the canal is still closed, seeing as the CRT website still has not been updated.

Was on the train this morning and noticed a big line of moored boats at the vale. Other than the usual cm'ers, I wonder if the others are assuming the canal is still closed, seeing as the CRT website still has not been updated.

By the vale do you mean Castle Vale? I can't see why anyone would want to hang around there waiting for the stoppage to end, there are much better (and safer) 14 day moorings along from the NIA. I wouldn't want to moor between Salford Junct and Curdworth except to do the 2 locks