T&M Stoppage at Dutton

Timleech

Featured Posts

any news please,will it be open over the xmas and new year ?

on this breach,thankyou.

I've heard nothing concrete. Try phoning CRT at Red Bull (via the national number), to see whether there is any sort of suggestion yet about completion. I don't think they've started physical work yet, but obviously there's quite a bit of investigation & planning to do, as well as access to arrange, before work starts.

Tim

We are stuck the wrong side of the breach in Stockton Heath wanting to get back to Anderton to our mooring. Just rung CRT who are none committal regarding how long the repair will take. Now considering because of other stoppages on the system to try the Manchester Ship Canal and the River Weaver, it would appear the lift will be closed for Christmas soon so its a bit of a race against time. Can we take this opportunity to thank ALL THE TEAM at Thorn Marine who have been invaluable in there collective knowledge, help and understanding during our stay.

We are stuck the wrong side of the breach in Stockton Heath wanting to get back to Anderton to our mooring. Just rung CRT who are none committal regarding how long the repair will take. Now considering because of other stoppages on the system to try the Manchester Ship Canal and the River Weaver, it would appear the lift will be closed for Christmas soon so its a bit of a race against time. Can we take this opportunity to thank ALL THE TEAM at Thorn Marine who have been invaluable in there collective knowledge, help and understanding during our stay.

You could see if there is a mooring available at Preston Brook marina for a few weeks (there seemed to be quite a few empty spaces at the weekend) if you're in there they may be fair about you not needing to licence as it's only for a short period, I've got e-mail address for the Bridgewater people if you think it might be a plan.

K

I have seen it mentioned on FB that CRT might be arranging a convoy on the MSC for boats stranded the wrong side of the stoppage. I must stress that this is something i have seen on Facebook and could well be 4th hand bulls**t, but definitely worth enquiring with them I'd say.

I have seen it mentioned on FB that CRT might be arranging a convoy on the MSC for boats stranded the wrong side of the stoppage. I must stress that this is something i have seen on Facebook and could well be 4th hand bulls**t, but definitely worth enquiring with them I'd say.

If it's true, then it sounds as though it's been realised that it won't 'all be over by Christmas'.

This end of the T&M is scheduled to be closed for most of January anyway.

I was working in Runcorn Dock this afternoon, the Ship Canal would have been no fun in a Narrow Boat today!

Tim

There are quite a few places in that section where repairs are needed.

Steve

We are trying to get back but with all the other stoppages we have decided to go Manchester Ship Canal/River Weaver lift n back to Anderton where our moorings are.

They are not doing a convoy unfortunately its everyman for himself!!

We are moving off from Stockton heath on Monday after a phone call from CRT telling us closure till at least February so if you can make your way home!!! Ok yes we are moored at ABC Leisure 3 hours away but with no canal. At great expense we are now travelling along The Manchester Ship Canal.

Unless you have a traditional style boat with back cabin range, make sure you have plenty of warm clothing for the trip!

No surprise about the prospect, but all my work booked for the next few months is based on the other side.

Tim

ON OUR WAY HOME!! Through Pomona Lock shopping overnight in The Quays everybody so amazing professional helpful and helping us home xx

The forecast for tomorrow is a fair bit milder than today, still a bit of head breeze for you though.

Tim

ON OUR WAY HOME!! Through Pomona Lock shopping overnight in The Quays everybody so amazing professional helpful and helping us home xx

So, how did you get on?

I saw you coming past Runcorn Docks at around 3:30pm, with the light starting to go. The wind had eased by then, it was pretty fresh in the morning.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

they estimate February or later.

I doubt they'll know much until they've done some excavating to establish what hidden damage there is.

They have been making an access road this week, don't know whether they've done any real work yet.

Tim