T&M Stoppage at Dutton

Timleech

Featured Posts

Not sure where you are heading Martin but don't forget that Barton Aqueduct shuts for 2 weeks on Sunday.

Steve

Damn I didn't know about that which is a shame as I'm heading for the Leeds Liverpool canal. Where did you spot that, I couldn't find anything about it on the Bridgewater stoppages page. May have to have a rethink as I'm sure my CART licence only covers me for 7 days.

Edit to add:

Actually it's not as far as I first though so I should be able to get through by Friday.

Edited by Meggers

You may be the first to use the new improved top gate on the Stop Lock in anger.

Let us know what you think of it.

Tim

I don't think I was first as I passed a boat heading south. The gate worked fine although I didn't raise the top paddle as it was full.

I don't think I was first as I passed a boat heading south. The gate worked fine although I didn't raise the top paddle as it was full.

Lock was full because the gate doesn't close properly

Tim

Damn I didn't know about that which is a shame as I'm heading for the Leeds Liverpool canal. Where did you spot that, I couldn't find anything about it on the Bridgewater stoppages page. May have to have a rethink as I'm sure my CART licence only covers me for 7 days.

Edit to add:

Actually it's not as far as I first though so I should be able to get through by Friday.

I don't think Bridgewater canal stoppages are listed on the CaRT stoppages site as it is owned by Peel Holdings.

Steve

I don't think Bridgewater canal stoppages are listed on the CaRT stoppages site as it is owned by Peel Holdings.

Steve

I think he meant the stoppages page on the Bridgewater canal website. (Unless he looked at the CRT website for the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal, but I doubt this!)

http://www.bridgewatercanal.co.uk/boating/stoppages/default.aspx

I think he meant the stoppages page on the Bridgewater canal website. (Unless he looked at the CRT website for the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal, but I doubt this!)http://www.bridgewatercanal.co.uk/boating/stoppages/default.aspx

I think you have to be on the Bridgewater Canal Company mailing list. I was notified of the dates in October.

Steve

I think you have to be on the Bridgewater Canal Company mailing list. I was notified of the dates in October.

Steve

Many thanks for pointing it out as I can now get through before the closure, although I think I might have a couple of damp days on the tiller.

I did look at the Bridgewater canal web site which has a stoppage page but does not show this one.

Curious that yesterday, when it was reopened, the T&M level was about halfway between Bridgewater level and normal T&M level (to be expected).

Today, the T&M is below the Bridgewater again, with a significant backflow through the lock.

I hope this is something to do with long waves travelling along the pound, and not a fresh leak!

Tim