Supplier claims Mastervolt on Re-call ?

Bob Blues

Featured Posts

I have just put in an order for a 12/2000-100 mastervolt Combi #36012005 and was told there was an ongoing re-call so they are out of stock until the end of the month. I dont mind waiting but I was wondering if anyone got one and have they had received any information on the re-call?

Bob

Edited by DHutch
Title altered as it appears there is no recall.

I have now been in contact with my Mastervolt account manager and his manager both of whom spoke to the European Sales manager from Mastervolt BV who was at the London Boat Show for two days last week. There was no mention of a re-call.

There were both as surprised and concerning as I am regarding this re-call on the 12 / 2000 / 100 Inverter / Charger, both will be checking on Monday concerning this matter.

And as soon as I have some more information I will past this on.

Keith

no im not. As if I would lie to you....

this is a copy of the email I received. Maybe they were telling porkies to hid the fact they couldnt get any units.

----

Thank you for your order.

We’ve just had an update on Matervolt Mass Combi Inverter/Charger unit from Mastervolt:

Mastervolt M36012005 has been the subject of a Mastervolt re-call meaning our stock had to be returned. We are expecting to be able to ship stock again 23/1/2015.’

Many apologies for the delay and any inconvenience caused.

Could you let us know if you are happy to wait?

Kind regards,

Lucia Tothova

Admin

Cactus020

01179 114 111

Normally manufacturers who have recalled a product post an update on their web site. This seems fairly stanard practice these days. There is zilch that I can find on the Mastervolt web site relating to a current (no pun intended) recall of any of their products.

http://www.mastervolt.com

Previous recalls do seem to have been placed on there.

Make of that what you will.

Edited by The Dog House

We should not be rushing to 'out' traders everytime there's some disagreement, but I'd be quite interested to know which Mastervolt agent it was that falsely claimed there had been a recall, seemingly deliberately for his own ends. I have a Mastervolt Combi and, as it appears there's always quite a lot of money involved where MV are concerned, I would like to be able to avoid an untrustworthy agent should I need assistance. Genuine mistakes are one thing, but how would one make a mistake here?

I have just had confirmed that there is NO Re-Call on Mastervolt 12 / 2000 /100

There is stock in the UK

If there are any questions please contact me on this matter

Keith

Thank you for checking for us all, Keith cheers.gif

Edited by Bettie Boo