Fenders (not as in guitars) nicked nearby the Globe (not as in this planet)

bassplayer

Featured Posts

For the benefit of those puzzled, the original thread title was "Fenders nicked by the Globe pub.", or something similarly and pleasingly ambiguous.

smile.png

MtB

Thanks Mike ... now I understand .. I couldn't work out why all the questions about location.

I stayed right out side for nearly 10 days couple of months ago

I was lucky!!

But saying that I was only a poor man collecting kindling lol

I had my ensign nicked a year or so ago, it really got to me, because it had to be another boater!

Why would anyone nick fenders, easy seen and obvious.

Col

Soldering iron burn boat number on plastic items.

Stamp boat number on metal items.

Maybe wont stop theft but hopefully dissuade buyers .

We had our fenders made with the boat name and makers logo on them. They are useless to anyone else and only cost a few quid more than plain ones.

done....oops....sorry GoodGirl...didn't read the thread...lol

Cor blimey, TWO trigger happy new mods!!!!

Or, appaerntly, half inch them off the side of someone else's boat. ninja.gif

Good point! How many other boats are there called "Naughty Cal"?!

MtB

we did wonder about that when we had a full set of brand new fenders nicked off Fulbourne at Kidlington a few years ago.

Tim

I'm not sure about the cost efficiency of the idea though (adding in the CRT IT costs of course)...but more worryingly...you'd have to use an ultra low frequency antenna to work underwater (our fenders sink) , which means using a really long piece of cable or wire as an aerial.

I think that's what Matty found wrapped round his prop this morning.,,so I guess CRT are at the experimental phase already...

..you'd have to use an ultra low frequency antenna to work underwater (our fenders sink) , which means using a really long piece of cable or wire as an aerial.

Actually, Very Low Frequency is sufficient to penetrate the ocean but aerial length would still be a damn nuisance. How's about using big capacitors as fenders and keeping them charged to fry the theiving blighters?

Why do people automatically assume it was a boater that stole them?

I'd be more inclined to blame an inebriated land-lubber who just thought it would be fun, just like those who use to nick hubcaps or milk bottles of the doorstep on the way home.

Used fenders are now a fashionable item to collect in the modern family home.

Why do people automatically assume it was a boater that stole them?

I'd be more inclined to blame an inebriated land-lubber who just thought it would be fun, just like those who use to nick hubcaps or milk bottles of the doorstep on the way home.

I'm inclined to agree. Some people steal things just because they can.

I'm inclined to agree. Some people steal things just because they can.

I don't. I think another boater has likely stolen them because they needed to replace theirs and they are either too tight or too lazy to find some where to buy replacements.