Password.

bizzard

Featured Posts

Ahoy folks.

Bit of help needed please. I've just bought a small netbook with windows 8 which is no problem. I've managed to add to bookmarks all my stuff and done everything else, but I can't remember my CWDF password to enable me to log into CWDF on the new laptop. I have my user name and email address of course but not the password. Do I contact the mods to sort it or the rockers?

Thanks.

Wont he be needing his password to read the PM?

MtB

P.S. On reflection no he probably won't. I get PMs as emails too.

I've got the existing password still working on here on auto remember which is just all dots, and I can't remember what it was so I can add it to my new netbooks CWDF log in page along with the user name which I do know.

Wont he be needing his password to read the PM?

MtB

P.S. On reflection no he probably won't. I get PMs as emails too.

He is clearly still logged in on his old laptop or he wouldn't have been able to start this thread...

Bizzard, just click on "I've forgotten my password" on the sign in screen.

He is clearly still logged in on his old laptop or he wouldn't have been able to start this thread...

I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything. Tesla's kindly PM'd me and says he can fix me up with another. I'm awaiting his reply.

Assuming you have access to the email account, that would be what I would suggest.

I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything.

That's odd, and I would be interested in knowing a bit more about that.

I could be in your spam folder, but if its not, I wouldn't mind looking into it.

Tesla's kindly PM'd me and says he can fix me up with another. I'm awaiting his reply.

He's a good man. We can manually change them with the Admin control panel, which can be the simplest solution.

Daniel

Assuming you have access to the email account, that would be what I would suggest.

That's odd, and I would be interested in knowing a bit more about that.

I could be in your spam folder, but if its not, I wouldn't mind looking into it.

He's a good man. We can manually change them with the Admin control panel, which can be the simplest solution.

Daniel

Ahoy Dan. The forgotten password thing did begin to work on my new machine, but I bottled out of it in case I ran into trouble on this machine with it and couldn't log in to CWDF at all. It was this machine that ''forgot password'' didn't seem to do anything, but perhaps I was impatient. Tesla's Pm's email went to my normal email inbox not Spam.

If you are able to log on through an existing machine,and don't know the password, but it is "remembered" in your browser, then I think most browsers will have a function yo allow you to see a list of all saved passwords.

Certainly Firefox does, and I would be surprised if many browsers do not.

You could have gone in and changed the password to something else on the device that you were logged in on then you would have known what it was.

You usually have to enter the old password and the new password together for that to work...

Otherwise anyone mischievous with temporary access to your machine could permanently lock you out.

MtB

You usually have to enter the old password and the new password together for that to work...

You do, yes.

If you are able to log on through an existing machine,and don't know the password, but it is "remembered" in your browser, then I think most browsers will have a function yo allow you to see a list of all saved passwords. Certainly Firefox does, and I would be surprised if many browsers do not.

I know you can do it with Opera too, and the internet says Chrome is just as bad. Scary really.

Daniel

How do you remember them all??!!!

Or do you use the same one for everything?

Just as bad as letting the browser store them!

MtB

Use a password safe such as keypass (http://keepass.info) then you only need to remember one password to access your password store.

Edit to correct auto type

Edited by Rob-M

How do you remember them all??!!!

Or do you use the same one for everything?

Just as bad as letting the browser store them!

MtB

I have 6 main 'passwords', if you can call them that, They are random capitalised/lower case letters and numbers that I've used for years. I can remember all of them quite easily which for me (can't even remember what I had for breakfast) is quite surprising lol :P

Lee.

Use a password safe such as keypass (http://keepass.info) then you only need to remember one password to access your password store.

Edit to correct auto type

Yeah son set that up for me having had a "moment" when he spotted my long list of written passwords on greetings card...all dogs names I had ever owned and numbers....one password he said.....and guess wot i forgot!

All now been set up again with one password, dunno wot it is...he does. I just ask.

Yeah son set that up for me having had a "moment" when he spotted my long list of written passwords on greetings card...all dogs names I had ever owned and numbers....one password he said.....and guess wot i forgot!

All now been set up again with one password, dunno wot it is...he does. I just ask.

I used keepass for a while but recently switched to Pocket for Android. Much easier to use and syncs across devices very smoothly.