Any post boxes on or near the Llangollen?

TaffyRon

Featured Posts

Are you CCing or looking for a mooring? Whixhall marina is residential. Nantwich marina do postboxes as a service (I know its not on Llangollen but its near). Venetian Marina on Middlewich branch of SU is also residential. Otherwise, its the usual scenario of find a friend/relative who is willing to receive mail and possibly open stuff if its timely/important. Port Restante, apparently, is going to be wound down next year onwards.

Well he doesn't need a post box then as it says in the title!

(I have now read the whole thread, which I didn't do before my previous post)

indeed, I was feeling quite the helpful one when I posted a link to a map site with every post box in the UK on it!

Post office in Ellesmere accept poste Restrante as well as courier deliveries. They are very helpful.

Most do..........I've not heard about it being phased out either but I am collecting something Poste Restante on Monday so I will ask the question

Yeah thanks, I did say "to receive post" in the first paragraph, I know you can get PO boxes at post offices, im looking for a post handling shop or something, the dvla wont post logbooks or driving licences to PO boxes. Some shops charge 150 quid ish a year, I know theres one at nantwich but the ellesmere one mentioned earlier may be worth a look

May I suggest you change the title to 'Post Offices' rather than 'Post Boxes'

no I think I will leave it as I want a post box to receive my mail and thats how ive always known it.

From my experience, companies running "Post Boxes" are generally found in large towns, not small rural places such as the Llangollen runs through. Certainly a Google search shows nothing in the area, although you might find something in Chester.

Will DVLA post a licence to an address of "Post Box 1234"? From what you've said I somehow doubt it.

Rural Post Offices do not provide PO Boxes, but will act as a Poste Restante facility.

There are a few companies that do what you seem to want, especially for canal users.

From my experience, companies running "Post Boxes" are generally found in large towns, not small rural places such as the Llangollen runs through. Certainly a Google search shows nothing in the area, although you might find something in Chester.

Will DVLA post a licence to an address of "Post Box 1234"? From what you've said I somehow doubt it.

Rural Post Offices do not provide PO Boxes, but will act as a Poste Restante facility.

There are a few companies that do what you seem to want, especially for canal users.

the only one I can find advertises in one of the boat mags and theyre in nantwich, 40 mins from me so I think thats it.