1/2" hosetail into 15mm Hep?

NorthwichTrader

Featured Posts

I want to fit this recommended pre-filter which has 1/2" hosetails on it...

http://www.piratescave.co.uk/464000002-jabsco-pump-guard-fresh-water-pump-inlet-strainer-hose-12.ir?src=froogle&gclid=CO2QlreGlMECFUjHtAodXiEARQ

...can anyone advise on the correct procedure for plumbing this into 15mm Hep pipe?

Many thanks, as always,

Stuart

They dont screw off do they? I would use a piece of flexible hose and hose clips of the correct size to couple it up. The 15mm hep pipe would have to have the reinforcers in it to stop it going oval or join it to a piece of 15mm copper then put the hose over that

Peter

I want to fit this recommended pre-filter which has 1/2" hosetails on it...

http://www.piratescave.co.uk/464000002-jabsco-pump-guard-fresh-water-pump-inlet-strainer-hose-12.ir?src=froogle&gclid=CO2QlreGlMECFUjHtAodXiEARQ

...can anyone advise on the correct procedure for plumbing this into 15mm Hep pipe?

Many thanks, as always,

Stuart

. I would suggest that someone somewhere supply,s a proper fitting but failing that as Peter says above a small length of copper into the hep then some heavy hosepipe over the pump and copper with two jubilee clips thirdly get a spare piece of the hep 20 and see if you can enlarge it using heat if you can just enlarge the end of your pipe squeeze it on the pump and use one jubilee clip much the same as option two but will look a little neater

Hep 15mm to 1/2"bsp tap connector, then a 1/2" hose to 1/2"bsp male adaptor screwed into the tap connector. 1/2" flex pipe will connect the filter to this. Have used this setup in several places on the boat.

Richard

...then a 1/2" hose to 1/2"bsp male adaptor screwed into the tap connector. 1/2" flex pipe will connect the filter...

Richard

Hi Richard,

Just to clarify, do you mean the flexi pipe of 15mm will go over the hosetail?

Sorry if I've misread, but it seems like a good idea! :)

Cheers, peterB and craftycarper, definitely a solution, and the way to go if flexi doesn't go over the hosetail!

Many thanks, everyone! :)

Genius! I do love this forum, Ray...thank-you!

So next is the potable 1/2" pipe...I'm guessing hosepipe is not the order of the day?

Standard 1/2" hose will fit the pumpguard, to interface with 15mm tube just use a 1/2" BSPm to 1/2" hose tail, these will take an olive and compression nut and will fit on any 15mm pipe, I use them regularly when going from solid tube to hose. No need for the tap connector.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brass-Male-Thread-Hose-Tail/dp/B0051OEQ3W

http://www.premiair-pneumatics.co.uk/webcat/pics/dr771.jpg

Edited by NMEA
  • Greenie 1

Genius! I do love this forum, Ray...thank-you!

So next is the potable 1/2" pipe...I'm guessing hosepipe is not the order of the day?

Something like this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLEAR-PVC-BRAIDED-HOSE-FOOD-GRADE-OIL-WATER-GASES-REINFORCED-PIPE-TUBE-/151214506971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=450254937236&hash=item23351643db

A few ebay sellers will sell you 1m or less

Thanks, again, Ray!

Top links, David & Paul, cheers...I've managed to order just a metre of 1/2" pipe! ;)

And it just goes to prove there is more than one way to skin a cat, many thanks, NMEA!

For concise and logical answers, this has got to be one for Smiley Pete's catalogue I'd say?

Best regards,

Stuart

Also another way Bizzard came up with is to crimp an olive onto bit of 15mm copper pipe using a compression fitting then connect it to speedfit pipe with a 15mm push fit coupler. Finally slide the hose over the copper pipe an olive and secure with jubilee clip.

If cutting the copper pipe with a pipe cutter it helps to use some pressure so one end of the pipe is rounded. Could also solder the olive on the pipe with a little solder. This kind of illustrates it:

p_SCP_111_08384199b6df0641da9798006aab37

For concise and logical answers, this has got to be one for Smiley Pete's catalogue I'd say?

Going to try and update it at the end of the year... smile.png

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete