Boater with no respect or consideration for anyone else

KenK

Featured Posts

And whilst we're discussing disrespectful and inconsiderate boaters, it would be great to see a clampdown (maybe licence refusal for example) on those who run generators outside the permitted hours, such as here at Gt. Heywood at after 11 o'clock tonight!

I've had that happen. A boat moored up right behind me, but he kept his engine running until gone midnight. He then bitched at me in the morning because I started mine at 8am.

Well as I didn't write it I don't give a **** I have enough problem spotting my own mistakes as you all know, but surprisingly I am getting better at 67, I didn't think that would happen.

I've seen that sign outside Tamworth Cruising club

No excuse Ken, he's a dick:glare:

Edit to add: I do think you should have had words though, the more people that tell him he's in the wrong the better. I would have approached him with something like 'is everything ok, do you have a problem with the boat, do you need a hand to move off the lock landing?' or something like that

Now that is diplomacy, well put.

smiley_offtopic.gif Slightly, we moored up in Shipley last night, had a great meal in the local Indian. When we pulled up at about 3.00 pm the boat on the mooring was running a genny. It was still running at 10.00pm. It wasn't noisy so I didn't bother doing anything. The real point of the post is that was a fixed installation on the boat with exhaust coming through the roof, and it sounded like a single cylinder petrol engine.

It was still running or running again at 9.00 am!

That sounds really safe. I'll bet he hasn't got BSS!

Bob

Edited by lyraboat