PLEASE HELP Bulldog stolen from Barby area today

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

PLEASE HELP.

My good friend's "Olde Tyme" English bulldog was stolen today at around 2.30pm from the area of Longdown Lane in Barby, near bridge 85 on the canal between Braunston and Rugby. The dog's name is Hugo.

He is around four years old, tan and white and very distinctive with the signature squashed bulldog face but no pronounced overbite.

He is relatively tall and lean for a bulldog, although heavily muscled around the neck. He is also un-neutered, making him an appealing target for thieves as well as distinctive due to the size of his gonads.

He may be wearing a black harness with a paw print pattern on it,, if this has not been removed. He is microchipped.

He has almost definitely been stolen, not wandered off or got lost, and the police, council, vets, shelters etc. Have all been informed.

There are not a huge amount of bulldogs around this area (I have never seen another one), so PLEASE, if you spot one either alone or with someone, let me (and/or the police) know.

He is unlikely to take commands reliably from another person, so particularly if someone appears to be struggling with him, chances are it is not their dog! He is approachable and not aggressive, but as an un-neutered male dog, he does need reasonably firm handling, so if you spot him and are not confident with dogs, again, please let me know and I will come and get him.

I will update asap if he is found, but on the off chance his owner comes upon him before I do or before I get the chance to mention it, he is a boater with lots of tribal tattoos, and frankly, looks just like the sort of person you might expect to own a bulldog, and I have bright pink hair.

PLEASE help us to get this much loved pet back- I will post on Facebook and Dogs Lost etc., but I would appreciate any help to spread the word, I love this dog and his owner is my very good friend, and he is devastated.

hugo12_zps2edf284d.jpg

hugo13_zpsf1d0d7c6.jpg

hugo11_zpsf41762f2.jpg

**Updated with clearer pictures

Thank you.

Edited by Starcoaster

The normal practice in these situations is that the local crack heads steal the dog then keep them for a week or so hoping you will put up signs offering a reward they will then call the number claiming to have found your dog and wishing to claim the reward it is then down to your friend weather he pays said reward or takes said crack head somewhere quiet and show them the error of there ways but put the signs up on every lamp post in town and it will usually bring the desired result really sorry for your loss and good luck with your search keep us posted

The normal practice in these situations is that the local crack heads steal the dog then keep them for a week or so hoping you will put up signs offering a reward they will then call the number claiming to have found your dog and wishing to claim the reward it is then down to your friend weather he pays said reward or takes said crack head somewhere quiet and show them the error of there ways but put the signs up on every lamp post in town and it will usually bring the desired result really sorry for your loss and good luck with your search keep us posted

That seems like very sound thinking and logic to me.

MtB

He looks really ugly pretty, hope he is soon found. What puzzles me is that as he does look really macho, who would dare approach him and try to kidnap (dognap?) him? If I saw a dog like that I would hesitate to approach him too closely.

He looks really ugly pretty, hope he is soon found. What puzzles me is that as he does look really macho, who would dare approach him and try to kidnap (dognap?) him? If I saw a dog like that I would hesitate to approach him too closely.

That is what a lot of people think about such breeds, include Staffies and Rotties in the like.

My theory (and I sure hope I am wrong) is he has been stolen because of his 'aggressive' looks and with the potential for engagement in illicit dog fights.

The twonks that stole him probably have no idea about how gentle he likely is.

Edited by The Dog House

He's ugly-beautiful, and we love him.

He does look really macho, and when he is in one of the boats or in his van, he is very protective. But when not protecting his territory he is an approachable, happy, bouncy and playful dog that will happily say hi to people passing if they approach him, and might quite willingly have got into someone's car.

I tend to think he might have been stolen for breeding, as he is very visibly un-neutered. but tbh, it's all just conjecture and we don't know, but we're looking into several ideas.

Edited by Starcoaster