ACC -

PiRSqwared

Featured Posts

When the ACC website first appeared I looked at it to find out their stance on the minority of continuous cruisers who don't comply with the rules. I could not find any information and I cannot find anything on the new site.

Is this the elephant in the room?

• Greenie 1

When the ACC website first appeared I looked at it to find out their stance on the minority of continuous cruisers who don't comply with the rules. I could not find any information and I cannot find anything on the new site.

But even if they did endorse and support the concept of 'continuous mooring' rather than continuous cruising they are hardly likely to say that on their web site, are they?

I have never sensed they don't believe in boaters without a home mooring should adhere to what is expected of them, unless you know something to the contrary....

It's not just continuous cruisers that break the rules, why do you continually persist in singling out just one section of the boating community, do you honestly believe that CC'rs are the only boaters that break rules wacko.png

Become a member, you might well learn something.

Edited by Julynian

It's not just continuous cruisers that break the rules, why do you continually persist in singling out just one section of the boating community, do you honestly believe that CC'rs are the only boaters that break rules wacko.png

Certainly not. I condemn those who run generators late in the evening or use water points as moorings. I have nothing whatsoever against CCers that comply with the rules.

Edited by mango

do you actually have a boat or are you just going by the crap you have read from other posters?

• Greenie 2

do you actually have a boat or are you just going by the crap you have read from other posters?

I am a keen boater and spend time on boats that don't belong to me. I have no wish to live on a boat. My question was certainly inspired by the extent of discussion.

I am a keen boater and spend time on boats that don't belong to me. I have no wish to live on a boat. My question was certainly inspired by the extent of discussion.

I thought it was inspired by a desire to indulge in a bit of poo stirring.......

I thought that was what the self-pumpout brigade did. :D

Not quite.

But it helps when you need to empty a dump through using either method, self PO or a paid for service.

Not quite.

But it helps when you need to empty a dump through using either method, self PO or a paid for service.

I guess that I would have to worry about such matters if I owned a boat. sick.gif

You may have hit the nail on the head!……but calling it the ACM might not have had the same ring to it…….

Cheers

Gareth

Become a member, you might well learn something.

You can bully people as much as you like but there are some CC-ers that "break the rules".

• Greenie 1

You can bully people as much as you like but there are some CC-ers that "break the rules".

What utter tosh!

Bullying my backside....get real please.

Bullying laugh.png get a grip laugh.pngwacko.png

Of course some CC'rs break the rules along with a small percentage of all boaters, it's just unfortunate that the ignorance of some seem feel the need to post utter crap only associating rule breaking with CC'rs.

Clearly says more about them :-)

Edited by Julynian

i dont see any bullying going on, can you prove they are CC'rs? did you check thier license? are you sure they are liveaboards? do you follow them and monitor their journey?

oh and do you liveaboard or even own a boat?

i dont see any bullying going on, can you prove they are CC'rs? did you check thier license? are you sure they are liveaboards? do you follow them and monitor their journey?

oh and do you liveaboard or even own a boat?

Great example. There are real issues, you can't make them go away by trying to shout down people. I think you make things worse as people don't join the debate.

Great example. There are real issues, you can't make them go away by trying to shout down people. I think you make things worse as people don't join the debate.

Low tolerance of the term bullying alert!

Grow some Richard please!

BOO ninja.gif

Well on the sensitivity scale you should be having a heart attack about now. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

mango, on 29 May 2014 - 7:28 PM, said:

I guess that I would have to worry about such matters if I owned a boat. sick.gif

However going back to answer your original question -

The ACC say this in their constitution...(my red)

An applicant shall be eligible for full membership only if the applicant is a bona fide Continuous Cruiser and owns a vessel capable of continuous cruising on Britain’s inland waterways.

Which to me is pretty unequivocal as to what their position on Continuous Moorers is, as they would be excluded from being a member.

However going back to answer your original question -

The ACC say this in their constitution...(my red)An applicant shall be eligible for full membership only if the applicant is a bona fide Continuous Cruiser and owns a vessel capable of continuous cruising on Britain’s inland waterways.

Which to me is pretty unequivocal as to what their position on Continuous Moorers is, as they would be excluded from being a member.

But most continuous moorers seem to think for some reason that they are continuous cruisers.....so in their own mind they would be eligible for membership.......

Cheers

Gareth

frangar, on 30 May 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

But most continuous moorers seem to think for some reason that they are continuous cruisers.....so in their own mind they would be eligible for membership.......

Cheers

Gareth

That is not what was asked, Mango asked what the ACC position on them was.