Narrowboat wedged across fast-flowing River Kennet

nine9feet

Featured Posts

2 boats off our mooring still stuck in there as its still overtopping the upstream gates and the thinking is it is likely to be Tues/Weds before she drops enough if a load more doesn`t fall ,we have to try to head upstream from Burghfield to Newbury for blacking this weekend that should be fun...not. wont be bringing her back down if it`s like this though .

We ate at the Rowbarge with friends last night and it wasn`t as bad as I imagined and as a plus they have dredged the shallow shoal on the nearside so a better angle for entering the lock heading upstream can be achieved Steve

I thought the food and the service at The Rowbarge pretty good when we stopped just over a week ago on a busy weekend.

For info here in the Bradford on Avon area we had just over 2,5 mm of rain last night and its still raining lightly.

I thought the food and the service at The Rowbarge pretty good when we stopped just over a week ago on a busy weekend.

For info here in the Bradford on Avon area we had just over 2,5 mm of rain last night and its still raining lightly.

Ditchcrawler sorry I meant the river when I said was not as bad as I imagined ,the food and service was superb at the pub

Never mind the food, how many real ales did they have?

I am not usually at all keen on gastro pubs, big eateries, and "chain" pubs, but the Rowbarge is part of the Brunning and Price group and they do get things very right. They do good food, good beer and even though they are a bit posh they let you take the dog in!

Other pubs in the chain and on the cut are the Wharf in Castlefields,Manchester, and Sutton Hall just outside Macclesfield

............Dave

Never mind the food, how many real ales did they have?

I am not usually at all keen on gastro pubs, big eateries, and "chain" pubs, but the Rowbarge is part of the Brunning and Price group and they do get things very right. They do good food, good beer and even though they are a bit posh they let you take the dog in!

Other pubs in the chain and on the cut are the Wharf in Castlefields,Manchester, and Sutton Hall just outside Macclesfield

............Dave

I think it was 6

I think it was 6

I concur tried most of them as mrs as driving and rude not to in those circumstances ,all the beers were well kept and certainly hit the spot .

They change them all fairly regularly I believe Steve

I concur tried most of them as mrs as driving and rude not to in those circumstances ,all the beers were well kept and certainly hit the spot .

They change them all fairly regularly I believe Steve

We worked on the basses of asking the waitress one from the two end pump, then next time one from 3 and 4 etc.