Islington water point taken up by inconsiderate idiot

Ten

Featured Posts

When is the inconsiderate idiot that moored by the water point in Islington going to move? It has been almost a week now. Brainless selfish behaviour like this unfortunately shows how tougher rules and more enforcement are needed (and believe me, I hate having to say that).

When is the inconsiderate idiot that moored by the water point in Islington going to move? It has been almost a week now. Brainless selfish behaviour like this unfortunately shows how tougher rules and more enforcement are needed (and believe me, I hate having to say that).

Have you knocked on the boat and asked her? She might have a problem and needs help.

ninja.gif

MtB

Have you knocked on the boat and asked her? She might have a problem and needs help.

ninja.gif

MtB

Why would you assumed I haven't tried? I wouldn't jump to the forum without having tried the boat first. Nicely locked for almost a week for your information.

Can you raft alongside, and engage in conversation, whilst you're filling up ?.

No. Please refer to my reply above.

I'm afraid there is ALWAYS a boat on the water point at Islington, it's part of life. Even if this one moves, another one will be along within minutes, that is the nature of boating on the Regents Canal. If you want water, breast up.

But it shouldn't be that way.

Why should legitimate boaters have to work round inconsiderate/illegal moorers

• Greenie 2

When is the inconsiderate idiot that moored by the water point in Islington going to move?

Don't beat about the bush, say what you really think!

This reminds me of a story about a greengrocer's young but resourceful assistant. The lad was serving in the shop while the manager was busy in the back. A customer came in and asked for half a cabbage. In vain did the assistant tell him that only whole cabbages were available; the customer insisted that he wanted only half one.

Exasperated, the lad picked up the cabbage, took it into the back office and said to the manager "Some brainless idiot wants half this cabbage".

At that moment he became aware that the customer had followed him and had heard every word.

"....and this gentleman", continued the lad, "would like the other half".

• Greenie 1

I'm afraid there is ALWAYS a boat on the water point at Islington, it's part of life. Even if this one moves, another one will be along within minutes, that is the nature of boating on the Regents Canal. If you want water, breast up.

Hi Junior, I know it has been the case for years but the area had been respected for over the past few months since CRT put water-point only tags in the mooring rings. Now of course, is not only 1 but two boats that are seating there...

Why would you assumed I haven't tried? I wouldn't jump to the forum without having tried the boat first. Nicely locked for almost a week for your information.

I didn't assume you either had, or hadn't tried. That's why I asked.

You missed my glaring, troll-ish, other assumption though, lol!

ninja.gif

MtB

I have,

Then why would that stop to filling up !.

You certainly don't know what the post is about. FYI this waterpoint is right next to a bridge, a lock landing and there is a private mooring right on the other side. Added to that, there was a great deal of boat traffic along a 4 day bank holiday. You should have seen the amount of nasty notes left on the deck of the boat! ha!

Oh got ya,

No I don't know the area, I just couldn't understand why you couldn't raft alongside and fill up !.

It must be so genuinely annoying when this happens. How many water points are there in the area anyway,, & I bet they have all got a boat permanently attached ,like an umbilical cord

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

Exasperated, the lad picked up the cabbage, took it into the back office and said to the manager "Some brainless idiot wants half this cabbage".

At that moment he became aware that the customer had followed him and had heard every word.

"....and this gentleman", continued the lad, "would like the other half".

That joke also has a second half, where the manager commends him on his quick thinking, and then comments on his apparent scouse accent, asking why he had moved from Liverpool. "Oh, there's nothing but whores and footballers up there", the lad replies. The manager then says, "Actually, my wife is from Liverpool", to which he responds, "Really? Who does she play for?".

• Greenie 2

That joke also has a second half, where the manager commends him on his quick thinking, and then comments on his apparent scouse accent, asking why he had moved from Liverpool. "Oh, there's nothing but whores and footballers up there", the lad replies. The manager then says, "Actually, my wife is from Liverpool", to which he responds, "Really? Who does she play for?".

Very neat, a greeno for you.

Tranmere Rovers, perhaps?

No. Please refer to my reply above.

I read your referral, but am still unsure !.

So if you need water, why can't you raft alongside, and fill up ?.

This waterpoint is right next to a bridge, a lock landing and there is a private mooring right on the other side. Added to that, there was a great deal of boat traffic along a 4 day bank holiday.

The boat is a clear obstruction and although at times it was possible to raft alongside and filling up, it is just a practice that a considerate boater wouldn't do.

How about just filling up at a different water point rather than ranting on here about one inconsiderate boater?

ninja.gif

MtB

Yes of course, in the end it's fine to moor at the water point, and let's never say anything if someone does it.

Edited by Staarek
  • Greenie 4

CRT are aware but the enforcement in London is really poor. Only two enforcers for the whole of London area I believe.

Ring CRT, ask for Paul griffin, and inform him you wish to make a level one complaint. If you don't get anywhere, PM me.