Homeless cat at Marsworth

adam1uk

Featured Posts

When we came up the Seabrook locks at the weekend, there was a very friendly cat at one of the locks. A boat coming down said it had followed them from the lock above. It tried to get on their boat, and ours!

A local dog walker said the cat had been around for a few days, and had appeared to belong to a boater who'd been moored near the locks - but who had now moved on, apparently leaving the cat behind.

We've just arrived back at Marsworth junction and the cat is here, roaming up and down the moorings getting on any boat it can.

Does anyone know of any boats who've been in this area and might have mislaid a cat? It a tabby, looks very healthy, and is exceptionally friendly

Well, it turns out it's not homeless, because I've just been speaking to the owner! The cat refused to come with him the other day, but they've been reunited. It seems the cat, called Brian, very much has a mind of its own.

I once had an orange tabby that lived with us for over three years then decided to move on. He took up residence the next street over. I still visit him. He comes when I call him and he's very affectionate, he just decided he didn't want to live in this house anymore. He's a very charming fellow, and the couple he moved in with are cat lovers, so all is well. But it was strange the way he just decided to move on.

Not quite, he said it took him a few days to get Brian to come home!

The owner came over after seeing me eject the cat from our boat for the second time.

Guess who's in control of that relationship!