aaahhhh cute baby RN on ebay

Featured Posts

That little genset is not a bad bit of kit. I would consider it if I was living on a small holding and only had a small portable set and no mains.

It's not so long ago that many small farms relied on their own generators including some auto start set ups. Lister made large numbers of them.

'Cracked heat exchanger'? I wonder what that really is. It looks as though it's direct raw water cooling, with the RN ram pumps on the front.

Eight grand and you have to take it out yourself although 'help is available'. Crane or just strong men? Reads as though you may have to do it on the towpath!

Tim

What he's really saying is 'frost damage' and I can't fix it so I'm moving it on and putting something else in

?

If it's the one I think it is, it's not being replaced, as the owner cannot move the boat because of health reasons, and the engine room is being converted for a live in carer.

• 8 months later...

The description seems familiar - I am sure that this engine has been advertised before. I guess it would make a very good power unit for a Dutch barge or similar.

Yes at least twice before - 110bhp @ 1100rpm and nearly 3 tons make it a "high" speed version of a Gardner 6L3 ;)

Yes at least twice before - 110bhp @ 1100rpm and nearly 3 tons make it a "high" speed version of a Gardner 6L3 wink.png

So overkill for a narrowboat then? Mind you it would need much extra ballast....... other than at the front to keep the bow in the water! detective.gif