Hard Standing , again

RickH

Featured Posts

Hi all

I did ask this question some time ago , but circumstances changed and I didn't get a lot of responce so maybe different eyes will see the post this time .

I'm looking for hard standing for a nb for about a year whilst I work on it . There will have to be grit blasting available or at least possible on site . So far Aquaduct is the leading contender but their lifting seems a bit expensive £400 , but great location although it will take me a month to get there from the K&A . Debdale was another that was recommended , anywhere else come to mind ?

Thanks

Hi all

I did ask this question some time ago , but circumstances changed and I didn't get a lot of responce so maybe different eyes will see the post this time .

I'm looking for hard standing for a nb for about a year whilst I work on it . There will have to be grit blasting available or at least possible on site . So far Aquaduct is the leading contender but their lifting seems a bit expensive £400 , but great location although it will take me a month to get there from the K&A . Debdale was another that was recommended , anywhere else come to mind ?

Thanks

Debdale Marina has craneage, hardstandings and grit blasting on site

http://www.debdalewharf.co.uk/prices

Tim

Edited by Tim Lewis

There are 2 places nr Melksham. At the first there's no direct cranage direct from the canal to the hard standing though, you would need transport to the hard standing.

Site 2 it could be possible to crane direct from the canal to site.

I know the first one , where's the second ?

Hi jacking my post !!

getorrff !!

?

I know the first one , where's the second ?

?

Hi Rick

To the Right of Devizes steel. There's some farmers land adjacent to the canal, we moored there on our WMP and parked our vehicle on his land for a small fee. It could be possible to crane a boat on to his land where we were moored. He was interested in letting out space for hard standing, he has a plastic boat there already.

Edited by Julynian

Hi Rick

To the Right of Devizes steel. There's some farmers land adjacent to the canal, we moored there on our WMP and parked our vehicle on his land for a small fee. It could be possible to crane a boat on to his land where we were moored. He was interested in letting out space for hard standing, he has a plastic boat there already.

Same problem though , paying for a crane in and out gets expensive .

Same problem though , paying for a crane in and out gets expensive .

Yeah but places that can do that are generally more expensive, not so much for crane use but weekly rental. At Broadlane farm it's £100 per month. The farmer at the closer to canal land would probably be happy to rent much cheaper. So equating what you pay in cheap rental might out weigh that of cranage & haulage. It worked out very reasonable for us, but we were there a rather long time LOL

Probably true Julian , then again I'm definately not going to be there 6 years ! Or is that famous last words ?

I know LOL it could happen trust me LOL

I'll give you the farmers details if you want, I've mislaid his phone number but I'm still in the area, he's not always at the site though so might take me a couple of days.

You can check out the site yourself though it's always open, just turn Right before going through Devizes Steel's gate.