Freaky Friday

Kendal

Featured Posts

I've found that they'll give you 20% discount if you ask anyway.

Went in last Sunday and bought something and they gave me 20% off when I asked if that was their best price. Not the first time that's happened either.

Edited by IanM

Just phoned and ordered Sterling Battery management panel good saving But why do they not do the 400amp shunt that I also need for 2nd station battery bank that feeds 3000watt inverter.

I'm sure some stuff I looked at yesterday wasn't showing at 20% cheaper today. Ordered anyway and will see if it is 20% more tomorrow.

They don't change all the prices, they just knock 20% off what you buy. I bought a Stainless Steel chimney and cowl last year, and the discount was applied correctly.

I have been toying with a new cassette for my Thetford C200, (£78 for the Freshen Up Kit), where I would save about £16 today. However, when you add back the £8 postage, it's not such a saving.

Given I'm not committed, merely toying, I'll leave it for now.

They don't change all the prices, they just knock 20% off what you buy. I bought a Stainless Steel chimney and cowl last year, and the discount was applied correctly.

By chance I had a tab open on the Midland Chandlers website from yesterday for a fridge, I refreshed it (it timed out, but I was able to find the same fridge) and the bit in "Your Price: £xxxxx" was altered. I assume the website is database driven and there is a price table looked up, and they're able to apply a site-wide discount for one day so the prices are displayed already discounted.

By chance I had a tab open on the Midland Chandlers website from yesterday for a fridge, I refreshed it (it timed out, but I was able to find the same fridge) and the bit in "Your Price: £xxxxx" was altered. I assume the website is database driven and there is a price table looked up, and they're able to apply a site-wide discount for one day so the prices are displayed already discounted.

I'm pretty sure the freshen up kit I was looking at has been £78 or so, each time I have looked in the past few months - and it is £78 today.

If I'm wrong, and £78 is the discounted price, then the full price is almost a hundred quid - which is a rip off, and every reason not to use MC, even on a Freaky Friday!

Yeah true, you need to tread carefully. Some prices of MC are high compared to other suppliers, and are still uncompetitive even with 20% off. I've used them sparingly. They do offer good advice in the shops though, and there's always a good selection of stuff.

I've found that they'll give you 20% discount if you ask anyway.

Went in last Sunday and bought something and they gave me 20% off when I asked if that was their best price. Not the first time that's happened either.

We bought a couple of boat poles offered at a very competitive price and also some large mooring pins last year, this a few of months before their last Freaky Friday. We were well happy as we couldn't get the items cheaper anywhere else and they delivered all the items for just a £5er. Happy days!

So when Freaky Friday was announced we thought there would be some good deals on some items we fancied. Unfortunately not though, almost everything under the offer we could source elsewhere cheaper.

If there's a product you fancy, work out the 20% discount, then do some internet searching, I'll bet you'll find it cheaper elsewhere like we did!

I'm pretty sure the freshen up kit I was looking at has been £78 or so, each time I have looked in the past few months - and it is £78 today.

If I'm wrong, and £78 is the discounted price, then the full price is almost a hundred quid - which is a rip off, and every reason not to use MC, even on a Freaky Friday!

Just had a look. It's gone up to £98! Truly a rip off!! It's available elsewhere for £78 plus about £8 delivery.

You're right! Things have changed since I bought my chimney. Glad I was merely toying :)