The Roundhouse Birmingham

john6767

Featured Posts

Don't know if this has already been posted, but there is a consultation document out on the redevelopment on the Roundhouse in the centre of Birmingham.

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/news/exploring-the-future-of-birminghams-roundhouse

The National Trust, who CRT are doing this jointly with are asking for comments on the proposals.

Ideal for the museum Jim Shead is trying to get off the ground?

The was the gist of the email that I have sent, as well as CRT moving their office there from Cambrian Wharf. The building is quite large, so a museum would only be a small part of it I would think, the other uses look fine to me.

So does this mean the plan for Sherborne Wharf to take over the site is off the agenda? I hope so as it would likely impact the 14 day moorings.

I don't think Sherbourne Wharf were really taking on the Roundhouse building, just the Fiddler and Bone pub buildings and the yard between the Roundhouse and the canal. Or have I got it wrong?

However it seems odd to me that the glossy consultation document makes no reference to the use of part of the building, and the yard, by Sherborne, hence my original question.

Yes true, but then it has been put together by the National Trust, so I guess the focus is just on the main Roundhouse building its self.

• 2 years later...

I see in this month's Canal Boat planning permission has been approved for the joint CRT and NT project to transform the Roundhouse in to an activity and enterprise hub.

The Heritage Working Boats Group did some joint events with NT last year as part of the lottery funding bid.