BRITISH WATERWAYS

tim.ledbury

Featured Posts

Mmm very interesting thread this, so she had talking pets?

and there are talking animals around you? Where are you? I might like to take a look

Oh Seriously though

One of my old girlfriends was a Rat

maybe it was her that bit his dog? where does she live? :P

Tim, I agree with Jon ....If the problem is ongoing and you can get no response from BW try your local councils EH dept... I would not expect action the day after, but they will find out who is responsible for a) the tipping and :rolleyes: the maintainance or clearance of rubbish dumped and will serve notice on the perps.

Tim, stop wasting your time on here and contact your local Environmental Health Officer if you think you have a serious rodent problem which is causing health issues. I realise that you're frustrated at the lack of action in regard to your problem, but perhaps you haven't been speaking to the people who can actually help?

You can't blame BW for everything. I know you probably think they're responsible for global warming, violence on the streets, the atttitude of today's youth and the way Wagon Wheels have shrunk in size in proportion to their price, but really, it's not their problem.

Janet

and the way Wagon Wheels have shrunk in size in proportion to their price, but really, it's not their problem.

Janet

Have they shrunk though? I was convinced they had (and my theory was that they used the changeover from folded paper wrapping to heat crimped plastic tubes to hide the fact) until I first took my son to school and noticed how much smaller school chairs were compared to when I went to infants school.

But back on topic (because it is such a better topic than confectionery size)..... Nope I am completely uninspired.

Edited to remove a possibly overcritical comment about this thread.

Edited by carlt

Have they shrunk though? I was convinced they had (and my theory was that they used the changeover from folded paper wrapping to heat crimped plastic tubes to hide the fact) until I first took my son to school and noticed how much smaller school chairs were compared to when I went to infants school.

But back on topic (because it is such a better topic than confectionery size)..... Nope I am completely uninspired.

Edited to remove a possibly overcritical comment about this thread.

Curly whirlys Space hoppers and chopper bikes. They were BIG when i was little.Now they is little when i is big.

I'm surprised there is any dispute about this, when I was at school they were the size of a dustbin lid, must admit though they tasted a bit like one too.

Agreed but the dustbin lids were the size of real cart wheels, cart wheels were the size of ferris wheels and ad infinitum (which were ten times the size of todays ad infinita).

I agree about the taste though. I too would rather eat the rat though it may have caught something off the dog.

Of course you may be thinking about the wheels of the favourite transport of the pioneers of North America back when you were at school John :rolleyes:

Edited by carlt

So to update then....

You as Fellow Boaters are more concerned with the fact that Nestle or Cadbury's or who ever have down size the amount that they sell you whilst increasing the price. No real surprise there then as the goverment have been doing it for years.

As for British Waterways they are all way to busy on holiday where ever to even give a s#'t about us.

The good news is that the rubbish is no longer a problem as one of the other boaters here has moved it for BW.

The bad news is that the owner PASSED AWAY this morning.

So before any of you think about trying to make a joke, maybe you should think about his two daughters..............

I on the other hand can sleep tonight knowing that I tried to help QUOTE 'the old soak' (not my words) and I know that I made a difference even if BW made his life harder.

So now lets see what you so called BOATERS say........................... He was sixty five years young and the world was his for the taking.

And as a sideline to this thank you Eugene for your attentions so far. Unfortunately your fellow staff and management dont follow your lead. (and yes i am not HAPPY)

So lets see where this one goes and how long it is before you all start to take the micky out of DEATH.

So lets see where this one goes and how long it is before you all start to take the micky out of DEATH.

Gallows humour is one of the oldest human defense mechanisms.

If you can't take the mickey out of death, you're probably too close to death yourself. Get a life.

Tim,

My sympathies to the family of the boater who died.

I don't understand however why you feel the need to broadcast this in such an angry and public manner. If you are suggesting that it was the powers that be that are responsible, then this is certainly not the right place to dicuss that. If not, then I would suggest that trying to incite other members to argue with you, or using this persons death as a chip in your argument is, as other members have said, very out of order.

With that in mind, this topic is closed.

Jon