Lifeboat stolen from Colwick Marina

Suzie_q

Featured Posts

Tee hee. Cheeky sausages.

Have a look down Somerset way, officer, they could do with one or two down there.

I hope you don't need the services of a lifeboat crew (anywhere!) and find that the 'cheeky' people have stolen it.

This is the worst kind of theft as it potentially endangers life. There are times when levity is inappropriate and this is one of them.

• Greenie 3

No theft is truly funny - it's a crime and shows a lack of morality and respect for the law. But sometimes there are so brazen that one can't resist a chuckle. Well, this one can't. For example I remember when my parents' next-door neighbours had a fairly up-market car which they left parked in their front drive. The chap came downstairs one morning and found that, though his car was there, its wheels were not - somebody had removed them and left the car resting on four piles of bricks. That's naughty but I can see a funny side to it.

No theft is truly funny - it's a crime and shows a lack of morality and respect for the law. But sometimes there are so brazen that one can't resist a chuckle. Well, this one can't. For example I remember when my parents' next-door neighbours had a fairly up-market car which they left parked in their front drive. The chap came downstairs one morning and found that, though his car was there, its wheels were not - somebody had removed them and left the car resting on four piles of bricks. That's naughty but I can see a funny side to it.

If you can see the funny side to that, it has obviously never happened to you.

haggis.

I don't think Athy meant any malice in his jovial comment.

It is cheeky to steal such a craft but a crime none the less.

It was posted yesterday that two Quad Bikes were 'taken' yesterday from the fire service. These people, the thieves I mean, don't care who it belongs to or what it is. They think, I like that, I'll have it!

haggis.

No, I am pleased to say that it hasn't and never will. I don't drive. The cheeky bit was that the householder/ car owner was there in his house and they nicked the wheels from almost literally under his nose. What's more, they made extra work for themselves - it can't have occurred to them that it would have been easier to remove the entire car!

There's nothing funny about the disappearance of the quad bikes though - they were (I assume) being actively used to alleviate the discomfort and suffering of flood victims.

I hope you don't need the services of a lifeboat crew (anywhere!) and find that the 'cheeky' people have stolen it.

This is the worst kind of theft as it potentially endangers life. There are times when levity is inappropriate and this is one of them.

haggis.

OK we get the idea. It's not funny, could result in tragedy and you have the moral high ground.

Now cut Athy some slack and call off the lynch mob.

Well, the car wheel theft could not have resulted in tragedy - the owner could hardly have been involved in a road accident, could he, because he had no bloody wheels to drive on. I suppose he could have broken his foot kicking the stacks of bricks.

Now that I think on it, the bricks had been stacked in our drive, so the thieves had had to "borrow" and carry them round to the next door's drive. I recall that my dear father thought that was amusing in an ironical sort of way. It must run in the family.

Tee hee. Cheeky sausages.

Have a look down Somerset way, officer, they could do with one or two down there.

Somewhat offensive, considering the time and effort being put in by many volunteers currently working down there. Wessex 4x4 Response were on duty all last week and only managed to get relief from another Team this weekend.

Somewhat offensive, considering the time and effort being put in by many volunteers currently working down there. Wessex 4x4 Response were on duty all last week and only managed to get relief from another Team this weekend.

I hadn't realised they had nicked yours as well until I looked under your avatar and saw "Boat name: not at present". I hope you get it back soon.