ive done it woo hoo

tjderby

Featured Posts

Interesting. Last time I went to view a boat for sale there, Malcolm showed me around it and conducted the (failed) negotiation.

MtBP.S. This was about five years ago BTW

IIRC recently someone on here mentioned that Malcolm was no longer at Alvecote, but I could have got that wrong.

You should have made your offer based on what the boat is worth to you. If they want more, then walk away. Plenty of other boats around. And in future, don't post your thoughts on a public forum until you have got the final decision on a deal! The sellers may well be on here too.

Agree with David, but I would as I tried to tell you you should not be this public the other day!

I haven't been following all the threads, but if this boat is at Narrowcraft, Alvecote, then the owner there has been on the forum this morning advertising for bar staff.

Very good chance "BargeeBoy" has seen this thread, so you may struggle now to get price down!

If it's not at Alvecote, I'd still not be this public!

IIRC recently someone on here mentioned that Malcolm was no longer at Alvecote, but I could have got that wrong.

Must have become a recruitment agency for bar staff at marinas he used to own then!

Doesn't sound very likely, does it?

I love Annie may rich. But like everyone I have a budget. Need I say more

And I was shown round by a bloke called lorance

Lawrence, (I think that is his spelling of his name), is also a CWDF member. I leave it to you to work out which one.

If you are not saying anything here that you wouldn't say to him directly, then fine, carry on.

But safest to assume everything you say here related to Narrowcraft or Alvecote may be read by its management.

Your choice.

(They do run one of the best historic boat events in the country, by the way!)

Edited by alan_fincher

Whatever I'm not budging on my offer. He can see that then can't he. And yeah my bad on the spelling lol

Sorry to be blunt but why are you still not heading the advice to be a bit less public, you are starting to look a bit of a chump if i'm being frank.

I do hope the canals aren't full of nasty busy bodies. Cause with all due respect I'm a lot younger than you and it's people like me that are the future of the canals and without us there won't be any canal in the future for people to enjoy.

Edited by tjderby
  • Greenie 3

I do hope the canals aren't full of nasty busy bodies. Cause with all due respect I'm a lit younger than you and it's people like me that are the future of the canals and without us there won't be any canal in the future for people to enjoy.

Who are you aiming that at?

And this forum it starting to look full of nasty bossy people. I've just finished a 12 hour night shift and so tired. And junior that's your opinion.

Fairy nuff ignore the advice if you wish, its not like any of us have done this boat buying thing before, now is it?

I do hope the canals aren't full of nasty busy bodies. Cause with all due respect I'm a lot younger than you and it's people like me that are the future of the canals and without us there won't be any canal in the future for people to enjoy.

Hissy fit alert!

Who are you aiming that at?

On another thread tjderby has been given advice that he doesn't seem to like. Its possible that he doesn't recognise the value in being told he may be making a mistake. Or doesn't like to admit that he may have made an error.

He's also got a bit stroppy because he's tired after a night shift

If you want to give advice then give something that is useful and not just nit picking at me. Your suppose to be friendly people.

For goodness sake man,what do you think people are doing? What is the point though if you don't bloody listen?

I suspect that your version of friendly is everyone should tell you that you are right - anyone who doesn't is 'unfriendly'. Good advice can sometimes feel uncomfortable

If you don't like what you are being told it is time to think about what you are doing

Try not to compound the error by stropping with people when you are grumpy

Edited by Bazza2

And this forum it starting to look full of nasty bossy people.

I think it is fairly full of seasoned, experienced people who would like to share their experience with you in good faith, and who recognise your excitement and enthusiasm as you look for your first boat - because they remember when they were looking for theirs. I have seen no intentional malice on this thread, just words of encouragement tempered with caution.