Narrowboat stranded on towpath at Abingdon bridge

hvdb

Featured Posts

Just received this message from RCR on Facebook:

We have just been notified that there is a narrow boat at Abingdon bridge which has become stranded on the towpath. It has not been possible to identify the owner. We have our rescue teams in the area attended to 4 boats in similar situations. If you know someone with a vessel in this location please ask them to check that its not theirs ...and give us a call if it is!
Helen

The RCR Facebook page says all boats are secure. So it ends well, I'm happy to say.

Helen

WTF does 'secure' mean in this context?

Is the NB secure on the towpath at Abingdon now? If so, I'd like to take a photgraph smile.png

MtB

(Edit to add a facetious comment)

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

WTF does 'secure' mean in this context?

Is the NB secure on the towpath at Abingdon now? If so, I'd like to take a photgraph smile.png

MtB

(Edit to add a facetious comment)

May as well black her while she sits there. Help to defray the cost of the crane to put her back in.

George ex nb Alton retired

I believe the boat at Abingdon in question had been sold and that the new owners were not able to attend to it as the river was up and the owners elderly. I thought the lock-keeper and another boater may have sorted it for them but if that is not the case and RCR did it good for them.

I am not sure what "We have our rescue teams in the area attended to 4 boats in similar situations" means as in my immediate area all looked fine. Perhaps they are referring to all of the Thames.

Edited by Paringa