For those looking for a live aboard project

Ray T

Featured Posts

It's a bit difficult to judge without a scale, but isn't that "engine" bit small for a boat that size?

My point exactly. The AS2 is a whopping great engine IIRC fully capable of pushing along a 70 footer, but that photo looks like a tiddler of an engine.

MtB

My point exactly. The AS2 is a whopping great engine IIRC fully capable of pushing along a 70 footer, but that photo looks like a tiddler of an engine.

MtB

Mike, it is an AS2, but minus some pretty important bits in the photo, as I said earlier.

David

MtB

Having viewed a boat with an AS2 the other day I was genuinely surprised how small one looks compared to other contemporary air cooled engines.

(I think the one we saw was complete!)

Interestingly, its on for 99p start and no reserve - and has bid - ie it will sell (unless the seller does something dodgy if the price is too low, or the buyer defaults when he sees it in the flesh). And at the moment, its below scrap value - transport costs. I wonder how much it will go for?

Interestingly, its on for 99p start and no reserve - and has bid - ie it will sell (unless the seller does something dodgy if the price is too low, or the buyer defaults when he sees it in the flesh). And at the moment, its below scrap value - transport costs. I wonder how much it will go for?

I wonder if one of the two bidders is in fact the sellers in another account or a friend

Possibly, who knows?

If I want to sell something and I really don't want it any more, I'll list an item at 99p with no reserve. If it goes for 99p, so be it. The fact that its been on eBay several times suggests the seller doesn't want it any more, and wants to sell. Its just a case of finding the real market value. 99p/no reserve is a guaranteed way of doing this!

I once replaced my dishwasher and rather than take the old one to the dump I listed it for sale on ebay.

I described it honestly, "broken dishwasher, model xx, replaced with new rather than waste time mending, etc", and listed it with a starting bid of 1p.

It immediately attracted a single bid of 1p, and it sold at that price. To my surprise, the winner actually turned up in a van and took it away... RESULT!

I forgot to demand my 1p though....

MtB

Love the asymmetric rubbing strakes on the fore end......and was that a hole at the end of the swim? Stratford's not too far away from me - almost tempted to go and have a look - I could do with a chuckle!

i think the photos dont do the boat justice..theres no way thats someones first attempt at a build, the 5th photo would give me some concern as there looks to be some rot next to the cant??....6 weeks would have that shell finished easily..there looks to be the cabin to finish and some d section to weld on....recon it will look far better in the water than it does on the bank £3800 is a steel