BBC 9.15am Narrowboat Story

junior

Featured Posts

Looks like its a piece coming up about a recurrent thread in these pages!! Mustn't pre-judge, of course!!

I did wonder if it was about the marina beginning with B?

Mods feel free to delete this or merge with my thread in General Boating, I put this in the wrong section.

Mods feel free to delete this or merge with my thread in General Boating. I put this in the wrong section.

Mods feel free to delete this or merge with thread in General Boating. I put this in wrong section.

Mods feel free to delete this or merge with thread in General Boating. I put this in wrong section.

It was a program...about a QC who takes up matters on behalf of the public and they make a program about it.

In a 45 minute program, there were only two stories and it dotted back and forth between the two.

The marina in question...was Barby ( This is in the public domain and the name was widely used on the program, so there is no reason to delete this post....as I say nothing offensive..read on.)

The QC gave advice ( didn't act) for a person who had paid marina fees and claimed to have had a 'falling out' and was told to leave.

The other story was about a girl who paid an alleged bogus model agency for a portfolio of photos.

The program dotted about and then basically arrived at no conclusion.

The Barby 'moderation' (small claims) was behind closed doors and because of the nature of this moderation, there is total ban on discussing the outcome. We were told that the 'claimant' was pleased with the outcome, but we have no idea whether the moderator found in her favour or not. She may just have been pleased that it was on TV, so there is no attachment of guilt (which is why I hope the moderators will leave this post).

The outcome for the model was similarly inconclusive. The agency missed the deadline for its defense and so there is an automatic 'finding in favour'...for the claimant. Thus no guilt of any sort attached.

The program was not one I would watch again ..as it was just a 'slot' filler .

AND on the subject of slot fillers...I have recently been filmed twice (once at home..once on a Thames barge in St Katherines Dock) ..for the new series of Heir Hunters....

Now that IS worth watching at 9.15 !!!

Reported it on your behalf

Thanks Barry.

I just hit the button when I saw the heading highlighted on the right hand side..and then put a reply.

I didn't realise that the original article had ended up under 'equipment'..and hence my reply had as well...

As I said in my post...the program was rubbish..but the new series of Heir Hunters (next year )..looks good...biggrin.png