Goon, gone?

Phil Ambrose

Featured Posts

So - assuming Fudd was not making stuff up (and there is as far as I can see no reason to believe he is) do you care to explain why you sent such an abusive PM to him.

It was in the midst of your discussion in the concrete ballast thread we clocked that, but why the need to be so abusive and why the need to do it via. the PM system? - do you not have a spine?

OR did Fudd make it all up?

[screen shot removed]

Edited by DHutch

So - assuming Fudd was not making stuff up (and there is as far as I can see no reason to believe he is) do you care to explain why you sent such an abusive PM to him.

It was in the midst of your discussion in the concrete ballast thread we clocked that, but why the need to be so abusive and why the need to do it via. the PM system? - do you not have a spine?

OR did Fudd make it all up?

Why assume anything in the 1st place?

I unlike some other people do not use the open forum to air my arguments and disagreements with others where younger members may be exposed to adult language.

For example why would you ask someone if they had a spine from the comfort of your keyboard other that the fact the comment is relevant to yourself by your own action of such assumptions!

Its inflammatory and you do it because you can get away with it online.

I couldn't care less what judgement or comments like ''dont you have a spine'' people make from the comfort of a keyboard miles away while being all high and mighty without a damn clue of what the whole argument was that has been misrepresented in the 1st place.

I could also post edited PM's too but its childish Fudd was told now he's spitting his dummy end of.

Edited by GlenBlk

I unlike some other people do not use the open forum to air my arguments and disagreements with others where younger members may be exposed to adult language.

For example why would you ask someone if they had a spine from the comfort of your keyboard other that the fact the comment is relevant to yourself by your own action of such assumptions!

I couldn't care less what judgement or comments like ''dont you have a spine'' people make from the comfort of a keyboard miles away while being all high and mighty without a damn clue of what the whole argument was that has been misrepresented in the 1st place.

I could also post edited PM's too but its childish Fudd was told now he's spitting his dummy end of.

Hmm, nothing wrong with a online argument for all to see but it should be a reasoned argument and "adult language" only weakens the case. Nothing wrong with subtle use of words either, in fact this makes for a entertaining argument but IMO a PM is not the vehicle for venting one's spleen in this fashion.

Just my opinion

Phil

Hmm, nothing wrong with a online argument for all to see but it should be a reasoned argument and "adult language" only weakens the case. Nothing wrong with subtle use of words either, in fact this makes for a entertaining argument but IMO a PM is not the vehicle for venting one's spleen in this fashion.

Just my opinion

Phil

Having had a forum member decide to take an argument into PM territory I totally agree. I would rather any disagreements were in public - receiving such a nasty PM felt like bullying to me.

PMs are for discussions with friends.

Just my opinion

Phil

We all all have our opinions Phil and I don't have a problem with that but from time to time while in the pub or out and about when shooting off our opinions especially when being rude we may find ourselves being appropriately called a Goon and told to ''get off'' in so many words.

I'M not a drama queen so don't feel the need to toss off my ego for an audience.

Thanks.

Having had a forum member decide to take an argument into PM territory I totally agree. I would rather any disagreements were in public - receiving such a nasty PM felt like bullying to me.

PMs are for discussions with friends.

You are judging with only half the facts it is far from bullying.

Have you never told anyone to F off?

• Greenie 1

Asking if somebody has a spine is completely different to what you said in that PM.

And for the record I would be prepared to ask you the same in person, but as your profile is totally and completely annon. I can't work out if we will ever bump into each other.

Edited by The Dog House

By adult language I assume swearing is what is meant, if so why not call it what it is?

Incidentally I was brought up to understand that if you need to resort to swearing in an argument you have already lost.

Swearing.cursing,profanity,adult language same same so don't be so picky, and as for having already lost the argument by using it, I said just as much in my post.

Phil

Asking if somebody has a spine is completely different to what you said in that PM.

And for the record I would be prepared to ask you the same in person, but as your profile is totally and completely annon. I can't work out if we will ever bump into each other.

I am based in Manchester is that near you?

If I felt the need to say what I said that's good enough reason for me to say it I don't need yours or anyone else's approval.

Edited by GlenBlk

I'm not making a judgment one way or another, simply "trying" to follow this thread. Is the gist of it:

-discussion on thread leads to difference of opinions

-1 person, in said discussion takes exception to something someone else said

-that person then sends a PM to the person they took exception with and amongst other things tells them to P**K **f?

-person who received the PM either makes an official complaint or posts the PM on the original thread for others to see

-Original thread is deleted as it contains strong profanity

-This thread is started

-Somehow a old radio show becomes the name and part of the topic

-This somehow leads to a side discussion to the value, use and measure of swearing, cursing, profanity, adult language which ever term you want to use

Have I got it right so far??

Do I dare ask what the original discussion was about in the first place without starting the whole thing off again?

Thanks Phil for trying to explain smile.png

B~

Edited for missing word in first sentence

Edited by Bettie Boo
  • Greenie 1

I am based in Manchester is that near you?

If I felt the need to say what I said that's good enough reason for me to say it I don't need yours or anyone else's approval.

Unlike you my boat location is readily available beneath my Avatar and in my profile. I live in the North East in Cleveland so no, not particularly near.

I fail to see where I have stated you need my or anybody else's approval the same as I don't need yours to comment on what you post.

I'm not making a judgment one way or another, simply "trying" to follow this thread. Is the gist of it:

-discussion on thread leads to difference of opinions

-1 person, in said discussion takes exception to something someone else said

-that person then sends a PM to the person they took exception with and amongst other things tells them to P**K **f?

-person who received the PM either makes an official complaint or posts the PM on the original thread for others to see

-Original thread is deleted as it contains strong profanity

-This thread is started

-Somehow a old radio show becomes the name and part of the topic

-This somehow leads to a side discussion to the value, use and measure of swearing, cursing, profanity, adult language which ever term you want to use

Have I got it right so far??

Do I dare ask what the original discussion was about in the first place without starting the whole thing off again?

Thanks Phil for trying to explain smile.png

B~

Edited for missing word in first sentence

Just about correct but the 'goon' reference was related to the title of the thread that was deleted.

Edited by The Dog House

Unlike you my boat location is readily available beneath my Avatar and in my profile. I live in the North East in Cleveland so no, not particularly near.

I fail to see where I have stated you need my or anybody else's approval the same as I don't need yours to comment on what you post.

Just about correct but the 'goon' reference was related to the title of the thread that was deleted.

I never said you stated anything I just made the statement myself.

If I felt the need to tell someone to ''get off'' that's my prerogative if you all want to waste your lives talking about someone being told to f off knock yourselves out I've got better things to do with my time.

• Greenie 1

I never said you stated anything I just made the statement myself.

If I felt the need to tell someone to ''get off'' that's my prerogative if you all want to waste your lives talking about someone being told to f off knock yourselves out I've got better things to do with my time.

Fairy nuff ttfn....