Can Anyone name the Builder of our new Narrowboat

DandGNWales

Featured Posts

When I did a search on Davison, I found a lot of info and not sure if the could have a similar named company but I did find company info on a Davison Brothers still trading today, so will have to drop them a letter or email to see if they are the same company, be good if we could get to the bottom of this

The Davidsons used to own and still work out of Sawley Marina.

I knew Derrick well and he was a lovely bloke and a fine engineer/surveyor.

I think another member owns one, Yamanx, but I'm not sure if he still visits...

Edited to add: He logged in yesterday so it might be worth dropping him a PM.

Edited by carlt

Confirmed as a Davison then, and yes, 1973 looks about the right date for that styling. I hope the OP's model does not have the built-in trip hazard feature wrapped around half the front well deck.

This is exactly the style (and size) of the craft which I mentioned seeing at March. It's a relief that the one in the advert has been sold - I might have been tempted, what with it having a Lister SR2 and all, and offered at what appears to be a bargain price.

Confirmed as a Davison then, and yes, 1973 looks about the right date for that styling. I hope the OP's model does not have the built-in trip hazard feature wrapped around half the front well deck.

This is exactly the style (and size) of the craft which I mentioned seeing at March. It's a relief that the one in the advert has been sold - I might have been tempted, what with it having a Lister SR2 and all, and offered at what appears to be a bargain price.

TRUNDLE, the boat on ApolloDuck IE and UK, appears twice on Jim Shead's listing, once BW registered and now EA registered, so may actually be the boat you saw.

Good point Goldy - though the one I'm thinking of is (or was 2 years ago) painted royal blue and had a liveaboard look about her.

I have seen at least one boat called Trundle (it's one of those likeably unpretentious names, like 'Chug', which one remembers), maybe that one.

DandG, it's quite possible that the firm built boats in a similar style over a number of years, so a 1980-ish buld would look like a 1973 one. You won't see much difference, for example, between the shapes of a 1972 and a 1982 Springer.

Edited by Athy

That's the good thing about running a Pub, we knew a guy who comes in was a welder but when we asked him it got even better, he used to build Narrowboats, and chatting the other night he said if the whole stern needs welding a said it will be no more than £600.00 so a total bargain, for once lady luck seems to me in our corner

clapping.gif

That's the good thing about running a Pub, we knew a guy who comes in was a welder but when we asked him it got even better, he used to build Narrowboats, and chatting the other night he said if the whole stern needs welding a said it will be no more than £600.00 so a total bargain, for once lady luck seems to me in our corner

clapping.gif

Hi-5!