Has Twin Tub UK gone bust?

JeniB

Featured Posts

Hello!

Maybe a bit of a shot in the dark here- Im wondering if any boat dwellers out there who use a twin tub happen to know if Twin Tub UK (twintub.co.uk) has gone bust? We have a twin tub from them, bought brand new, 1 year old with a 5 year warrantee, and it's broken. I've probably called them and left a message about 30 times over the past months, as well as emailing a few times. Never any reply... even if I dont mention its re a broken twin tub or press the option for sales. Still nothing...

Wondering whether to just pay out myself and use a private engineer, though I thought i'd try this first just on the off chance someone out there has some info on the company.

Ooh, as a secondary request- if anyone could recommend a twin tub engineer or someone up to fixing it that'd be ace, as it is looking like we may need to go that route and just pay for it ourselves. It is a problems with the electics.

Many thanks!

Happy boating,

Jeni

ok- Just found this online-

The latest Annual Accounts submitted to Companies House for the year up to 31/08/2011 reported 'cash at bank' of £0, 'liabilities' worth £0, 'net worth' of £0 and 'assets' worth £0. Twin Tub (uk) Limited's risk score was amended on 29/08/2013.

So they are bust i guess. Any tips on people able to fix twin tubs? We live in North kent and its an electrical problem. Thanks!

Who did you buy it from? Can they help?

Keep up at the back, Sue - the OP says they got it from Twin Tub UK, hence the concern if they've gone bust.

JeniB, did you pay with a credit card? If so the card company should be liable for the warranty you've bought as part of the deal, surely.

If you go to that site and then click on the link "Important Customer Information" at the bottom it says:

"Twin tub UK

Important Customer Information

Products ordered in this store are . . . etc."

And no, I have not edited that quote!

I don't see any link that says "Important Customer Information" Maybe it's like one of those hidden object games LOL

I would have thought a company going bust the receivers would firstly shut down the web site.

I don't see any link that says "Important Customer Information" Maybe it's like one of those hidden object games LOL

I would have thought a company going bust the receivers would firstly shut down the web site.

Its there on the mobile version which I viewed on the Blackberry. But I agree its not there on full version of the site.

• 1 year later...

Old thread I know but I was wondering if you had any joy? I'm thinking of buying one of Polar's (as they now seem to be called) twin tubs but am dubious they're a company that likes to go bust so they don't have to honour their warranties. The nondescript gold star and logos for award winning service on their website make me a little suspicious...!