Any experience of these ebay sofas?

IainW

Featured Posts

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NARROWBOAT-NAVY-BLUE-SOFA-BED-4-SEATER-STORAGE-250CM-CLICK-CLACK-ASSEMBLED-NEW-/251239190980?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item3a7f05d1c4

Wondering if anyone has a sofa from these folks? Looks like the right design and size for our boat, but unsure how comfortable it looks! Anyone had a sofa from 'Elegant Boat Sofa Beds 4 U'. Their name worries me haha...

Elaine, who runs Elegant Boat Beds is lovely to deal with and due to the size we wanted (and the placement of our stove) and budget, this is who we bought our sofa from.

Very nice to deal with and great service. Although the sofa was very firm to begin with, it had become very squishy and comfortable after a few months use.

If you use their delivery service, they are very used to getting Sofa's onto Narrowboats and they were great with ours.

Very nice to deal with and great service. Although the sofa was very firm to begin with, it had become very squishy and comfortable after a few months use.

And too soft a few months later?

Ikea is your friend http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10663/

Alex

And too soft a few months later?

No, once it was "broken in" for want of better terminology, it has been comfortable ever since.

Due to the size we wanted, and that we didn't want to lose storage space, the sofa we bought was the only choice ultimately. Plus it worked out one of the cheaper options!

No affiliation with the company other than as a satisfied customer.

Elaine, who runs Elegant Boat Beds is lovely to deal with and due to the size we wanted (and the placement of our stove) and budget, this is who we bought our sofa from.

If you use their delivery service, they are very used to getting Sofa's onto Narrowboats and they were great with ours.

Thanks Kae, the sofas seem quite narrow, do you find this or can you get a good slouch going? :-)

Thanks Kae, the sofas seem quite narrow, do you find this or can you get a good slouch going? :-)

No, you are right, they are narrow - which is why we went for one as our stove is mid-saloon, and the only way to get the required clearance (700mm) was to have a narrow sofa.

You have to slouch along its length rather than its depth, it's definitely not the same!

There is a clearance warehouse near us,I was wandering around and found a faux leather sofa bed with storage, it was actually part of a suite that had been returned. The other part was broken which it was why it was returned. I bought the sofa bit for £25 and now have a handy settee with storage, and it is comfortable too.

Personally I wouldn't want to spend 500 quid on a sofa without being able to sit on it and try it out first.

Everyone's got different opinions on what's comfortable for them. I hate slouching on soft sofas for example - it's terrible for the lower back.

Edited by blackrose