Klaxon horn

wirren

Featured Posts

I recall my brother completely stripped it down I would think oil or grease would be applied as there are moving parts I recall him telling me.

This is the one he restored about 6 years ago, just about to fit it funnily enough LOL

KlaxonHorn1-1.jpg

KlaxonHorn-1.jpg

Lovely loud oughha sound 12v

NOT FUNNY!!

And btw for anyone who is not sure, if someone sets off a klaxon less than a foot from you when you are unaware and looking the other way, chances are you WILL shriek, attempt to cover your head, and drop to your knees, all in quick succession. Even if you are standing on the gunnels and holding onto the handrails of a moving boat at the time.

Revenge is a dish best served cold... glare.gif

Edited by Starcoaster

Hi All

Just bought a rather nice klaxon .

I've stripped it down as it needs a repaint & clean internally does anyone know whether I should oil , grease or both on the gearing ?

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

I had a side line rebuilding these horns. Use oil on the striker wheel and then again occasionally through the lube screw as stated on the makers brass label, assuming it is a genuine Klaxon from the makers of the same name. Thick grease may imper the action and will allow dust & debris to collect.

You can also experiment with the striker adjustment to get the most desirable tone.

Hi by eck

Just looking at the label now, it's -

The automobile supply mfg co Brooklyn ny USA

HANDPHONE

Patent pending !!

Would have to check up on that but genuine Klaxon's were manufactured in USA (more than one company), London & Paris - all to essentially the same design/patent. In any case there should be some reference to Klaxon on the makers plaque if its original.