Paid Research For Boat Owners!

Researchopinions

Featured Posts

We are also holding groups in Southampton taking place on Monday 12th August - Again if you are interested please email charlotte.neild@researchopinions.co.uk.

Many Thanks smile.png

Also Southampton and another "central" but as yet undisclosed location...

I think I'd want to know where it was before I bothered to respond. It might cost me 80 quid to get there and back in petrol.

It does not cost anything to send an email though and it could be that if they have an influx of people contacting them from a specific area they will look for a suitable venue to carry out the research in. They might be waiting to see if they get more responses from the Nottingham area or the Birmingham area

No one is going to be daft enough to spend £80 to get there - I would certainly be responding if I still lived in Tamworth but being in Chesterfield means I am unlikey to be close enough to the "central location" to make it worth my while.

at least when I was working to quota's on market research the very last one always felt as hard to find as that elusive red head I describe

I'm told, on good authority, that if a market researcher asks you your age the correct response is "How old would you like me to be"

biggrin.png

Just got an email with more detail:

"Focus group wanted:

• 6 people aged 50+ years old

• All MUST own a Narrow Boat

• All MUST have insurance for their boat

• All MUST have shopped around for boat insurance in the last 2 years (They don't have to have switched insurance provider)

Date: Tuesday 13th August at 6pm until 7.30pm and participants will be paid £100 incentive in cash.

Place: Midlands to be confirmed."

I'm told, on good authority, that if a market researcher asks you your age the correct response is "How old would you like me to be"

biggrin.png

Now then........... I wonder who could have possibly told you that?

Anyone would think you had inside knowledge!

I've not had a response at all and I AM (just) over 50!

maybe, but perhaps you have to act all 50-ish....

here's the whilton newsletter ad

#

Looking to earn a little extra cash? We thought you would like to know about the following:

Focus group wanted:

• All MUST have shopped around for boat insurance in the last 2 years (They don't have to have switched insurance provider)

Date: Tuesday 13th August at 6pm until 7.30pm and participants will be paid £100 incentive in cash.

Place: Midlands to be confirmed.

so I am not allowed to earn any money...

:D

When asked for my birthday I just say that it's the 23rd of July and they always say "What year?", to which I reply "every year!".

That seems to stump them, especially the graduates. :-)

Edited by Doorman

It does not cost anything to send an email though and it could be that if they have an influx of people contacting them from a specific area they will look for a suitable venue to carry out the research in. They might be waiting to see if they get more responses from the Nottingham area or the Birmingham area

No one is going to be daft enough to spend £80 to get there - I would certainly be responding if I still lived in Tamworth but being in Chesterfield means I am unlikey to be close enough to the "central location" to make it worth my while.

But I don't want to waste my time and disclose personal information unless I know I'm going. Who knows where the central location is? It could be anywhere. Central London perhaps?

Just got an email with more detail:

"Focus group wanted:

Place: Midlands to be confirmed."

Well that's me out... glad I didn't bother to respond.

Edited by blackrose