If I Knew You Were Coming

bizzard

Featured Posts

Making a scrumptious fruit cake without any form of heating or baking. Cold cooking is the way to go.

Depending on how large you want to make this cake buy the appropriate amount of packets of plain Digestive biscuits.

A saucepan or a cake tin will do to make it in.

Remove the biscuits from the packing and fill up an old sock with them. Now you can either go about beating the sock of biscuits against brick walls or keep welting is with a club hammer or rolling pin. Whichever method you use smash up the biscuits good and proper, until they are reduced to crunchy crumbs.

Empty these biscuit crumbs into the cake tin or saucepan. With a stick mix in your favorite ingreedients like, currents, raisins, sultanas, mixed fruit, crushed nuts ect.

Find a lid which fits accurately INSIDE the top of the cake tin or saucepan and press down with all your force to compress the cake mixture. Continual pressure needs to be applied for about 24 hours so I suggest putting a few bricks upon the lid then place the whole thing upon your most comfy chair and sit on it watching the telly, reading ect. The best cold cake making people are the heavy weights as the more the mixture is compressed obviously the firmer and more solid will the cake turn out to be.

When its been sat on for about 24 hours empty it out of the tin, it will be all lovely firm and professional looking and decorate if need be in your favorite fashion. Ice, sprinkle hundreds and thousands on it, whatever.

Bon appetite. smile.png

So is the whole thing just held together with pressure of stellar proportions? Wouldn't a bit of melted butter help for wussy gurls such as meself? biggrin.png

If the weight or person that's sitting on it is heavy enough some of the juices will be squashed out of the fruit which will bind it all together as it will you when you eat it. closedeyes.gif Marzipan is too rich for me.

You've put me off cheesecake, Matty, and that's quite an achievement. sick.gif

Nah, not really. I LURVE my cheesecake tongue.png

While we're on about cheese. A tasty and simple little snack to nosh with a cup of tea can be knocked up by spreading Primula cheese spread on a plain chocolate suggestive biscuit, sandwiching it with another, chocolate sides inwards.

You've put me off cheesecake, Matty, and that's quite an achievement. :sick:

Nah, not really. I LURVE my cheesecake :P

Just waded through a portion of Key Lime cheesecake, surprisingly good at only £2.50 from our local ASDA - recommended.

I don't think cake should be called cake. The word 'cake' doesn't sound right to me but sounds a sort of adhering and unshiftable jambing word that could cause blockage, severe indigestion, palpitations, constipation nausea and lethargy. mellow.png

Making a scrumptious fruit cake without any form of heating or baking. Cold cooking is the way to go.

Depending on how large you want to make this cake buy the appropriate amount of packets of plain Digestive biscuits.

A saucepan or a cake tin will do to make it in.

Remove the biscuits from the packing and fill up an old sock with them. Now you can either go about beating the sock of biscuits against brick walls or keep welting is with a club hammer or rolling pin. Whichever method you use smash up the biscuits good and proper, until they are reduced to crunchy crumbs.

Empty these biscuit crumbs into the cake tin or saucepan. With a stick mix in your favorite ingreedients like, currents, raisins, sultanas, mixed fruit, crushed nuts ect.

Find a lid which fits accurately INSIDE the top of the cake tin or saucepan and press down with all your force to compress the cake mixture. Continual pressure needs to be applied for about 24 hours so I suggest putting a few bricks upon the lid then place the whole thing upon your most comfy chair and sit on it watching the telly, reading ect. The best cold cake making people are the heavy weights as the more the mixture is compressed obviously the firmer and more solid will the cake turn out to be.

When its been sat on for about 24 hours empty it out of the tin, it will be all lovely firm and professional looking and decorate if need be in your favorite fashion. Ice, sprinkle hundreds and thousands on it, whatever.

Bon appetite. smile.png

hahahhahhaha Bizzard you are a card, from reading the first few words, I was not sure if you were joking :-) brilliant and look at all the food you will save now when unwanted guests turn up lol . if we ever meet I will drink to your health , but.... I will bring my own drink clapping.gif

I don't think cake should be called cake. The word 'cake' doesn't sound right to me but sounds a sort of adhering and unshiftable jambing word that could cause blockage, severe indigestion, palpitations, constipation nausea and lethargy. mellow.png .....detective.gif Master Bizzard moi has had a flash of inspiration !! ow about swopping the word of 'cake' ...to 'yummyness' ie chocolate yummyness, banana and walnut yummyness ??? wot to you think ??? the thought of all this 'yummyness ' is indeedly making ,moi tummy grumble for some tasty yummyness to go with my cup of tea ;)