Battery Charge

charlie_p

Featured Posts

You do give it a bit of a rev after starting, don't you. Some installations need this to get them going but will then charge on tickover. Sometimes an alternator seems to lose the little residual magnetism it had so needs a higher rev - especially after a long layup.

My boat won't charge in tickover or neutral initially, I have to put some revs on at first just til the 'charging' light flicks off, then go back into neutral and they continue to charge.

Have you tried this?

I'm confused by the terms used as to the particular requirements for the engine and for the gearbox?

Good morning to you all, thank you for your advice and comments it was a relive to find the solution was only my inexperience in not getting the revs sorted ,blush.png any thoughts abut the RCR Boat & Engine Maintenance course

Had several good feedbacks on here when I ran them. I understand that they are using my course plan and notes and it is being delivered by their foreman engineer. I have seen good comments about his courses as well. See the course notes and other stuff on my website, you are free to print them out for your own use.

To cure no charge when starting or on tickover increasing the wattage of the charge warning light often fixes.

There will be threads on here about putting a resistor in parallel with the charge lamp to do the same.

Wiring in another light does the same and seeing whether it works for your alt and speeds