Toilet Bowl Cleaning

gary955

Featured Posts

I'm more than happy with my pump-out tank, it seems to be in balance and odor free.

The toilet bowl however is getting very slightly wiffy in this hot weather,( It's not a dump through and has a water seal between it and the tank). I usually clean it with vinegar or lemon juice as I'm fearfull of upsetting the balance of the tank with chemicals but lately this doesn't seem enough.

Any ideas?

We use a couple of products from the New Blue Loo Co. which seem to work very well. For cleaning the bowl we use their 'Blue Away Toilet Cleaner' and for the pump out waste tank their ''Bio Toilet Fluid'.

I also put a small amount of vegetable / olive oil down the loo weekly and it seems to keep the works well lubricated and working as it should.

We don't suffer any obnoxious smells and everything stays clean and fresh.

You can Google them for their outlets.

Ken

"Can I lick the bowl Mum?"

"No you can flush it like everyone else has to."

Mine is clean, I dropped my glasses in today so had a look round.

Mine is a dump through but has a water seal. We bought some very good liquid cleaner from Lee Sanitation years ago and it works very well.

Fill the bowl to just under the lip and add some tank treatment solution, leave it for a couple of hours and get a bog brush under the lip. Got rid of the bacterial growth we had.

Edited by oarfish

Mine is clean, I dropped my glasses in today so had a look round.

Mine is a dump through but has a water seal. We bought some very good liquid cleaner from Lee Sanitation years ago and it works very well.

what were you doing that you managed to drop your glasses in to the toilet?unsure.png

We put cheap supermarket cola down the toilet to remove the uric acid and other 'crud' (leave it overnight and then flush). It has more phosphoric acid than the Leesan cleaner or citric juice. Also use it on the hand basin to remove stains around the plug hole. To keep the tank smelling sweet we use Tesco super value bio liquid laundry.

We put cheap supermarket cola down the toilet to remove the uric acid and other 'crud' (leave it overnight and then flush). It has more phosphoric acid than the Leesan cleaner or citric juice. Also use it on the hand basin to remove stains around the plug hole. To keep the tank smelling sweet we use Tesco super value bio liquid laundry.

Does it mix well with vodka as well?

Have you seen what coke can do to a copper coin in a short space of time?

Scary to think we actually drink the stuff!

Edited by Spuds

Have you seen what coke can do to a copper coin in a short space of time?

Scary to think we actually drink the stuff!

Luckily your insides are not made of copper!

Your stomach is full of hydrochloric acid - put a coin in that and see what happens.

Thanks for the ideas. i use Odorloss as a tank additive but thought it was more of an oxygenator than a cleaner and promoted (good) bacterial growth. Cola seems like an inventive (if sticky) solution.

I'll keep looking for a bio cleaning solution, people with septic tanks at home must have the same problem. Perhaps the tank culture will tolerate just a little bit of bleach?