top weekend

Smudge

Featured Posts

It does not get much better than this weekend, on friday i got a phone call to say that i had got the job ive been after since last sept as Northampton marina officer (beckets park) so to celebrate we joined team Tawny owl at Longwood for the BCN challenge. Best fun ive had boating for a long time,and i won a tenner on the lotto, all this in brilliant weather, back home now getting ready to leave the Witham for goodclapping.gifclapping.gif

can anybody recomend a good place to stop to do blacking and find a marine electrician on the GU ???

• Greenie 1

It does not get much better than this weekend, on friday i got a phone call to say that i had got the job ive been after since last sept as Northampton marina officer (beckets park) so to celebrate we joined team Tawny owl at Longwood for the BCN challenge. Best fun ive had boating for a long time,and i won a tenner on the lotto, all this in brilliant weather, back home now getting ready to leave the Witham for goodclapping.gifclapping.gif

can anybody recomend a good place to stop to do blacking and find a marine electrician on the GU ???

You could always try beckets park on the Northampton arm.

Congratulations, I'll let you know when I'm passing, probably Suptember.

We'll be seeing you soon John. Maybe at Newark or perhaps we'll come down and meet you at Torksey, I still fancy a few hours on the tidal Trent. Then we'll turn around and travel with you.

For blacking I'd thoroughly recommend going to UCC at Braunston. And for electrics - I've got my meter with me.

Smudge - you will need to pass our way to get to Becketts Park - you have a choice on the Soar and Leicester Line. OUr home mooring is at Sileby Mill who have always done a decent blacking job for us.And Howard Williams (who does the electrics course for RCR) keeps his boat there and again has done seen good electrical work for us. http://www.surftech.co.uk/canal/sileby/, Phone for Howard 07526 106818

Other places for blacking are Zouch Marine, Pillings Lock Marina, Debdal Wharf and so on.

Good news about the job - hope all goes well.