Kennet and Avon Mooring Strategy

Chris Pink

Featured Posts

I like this bit:

*over the period spanning a boat’s annual licence boaters agree to achieve a range of movement that exceeds 20 km.

20 kilometers a year?

Isn't that a days cruise

Richard

Will read it latrer on a bigger screen, but agreeing to a 'minimum distance' to travel will be the end of it. That distance will always be arbitrary, like Richard says, 20 miles is a days cruising. And after this precedent, the next kminimum distance' will go up.

Do enjoy yourselves while it lasts, they seem hell bent on turning boating into a plaything for the rich with boats in marinas, only to sully the canal on bank holidays..

*the need for boaters to leave space between boats to accommodate anglers is included in local guidance (as well as for reasons of fire safety).

are they serious?????????????????/

ETA - removed some stuff

Edited by DeanS

OK , so is it that you need to move 12 miles in one direction per year ? I haven't got my Nicholsons with me but I think with the two week rule and giving the boundaries that you would have to move every two weeks would mean you doing way more than 12 miles over 26 moves . No mention of winter moving or for that matter winter moorings .