Crimped water pipes at Victoria Park Lock tap

matola

Featured Posts

Both taps have been removed from Victoria Park Lock facilities, apparently after someone crimped the pipes ?

I heard a boater made a temporary repair but this has also been removed.

What could be the motive behind this vandalism ?

How long do you think it will take CRT to restore their arsenal of London taps back up to 4 ?

Both taps have been removed from Victoria Park Lock facilities, apparently after someone crimped the pipes ?

I heard a boater made a temporary repair but this has also been removed.

What could be the motive behind this vandalism ?

How long do you think it will take CRT to restore their arsenal of London taps back up to 4 ?

a local fed up with boats and noise and smoke?

idiots?

lock house was sold for about £500k recently?

could be anything but when it was originally broken I thought it might have been scrap runners but the repair was plastic so I suppose it is just vandalism and a bit sad

I don't like the tap being so near the 'grill' elsan point...

It could be entirely legitimate, in that whoever supplies the water for that tap can no longer reliably guarantee the water quality, so has temporarily disabled it. There are many cases where a farm has a borehole but the farmhouse continues to be supplied by mains water, for this reason.

There are no houses nearby so I don't think it could be residents.

It's not scrap metal scroungers, the wound was very specific and no pipes missing.

Also the tap over the elsan point has also been removed, isn't this required to use the facility ?

When they removed the tap at Tottenham it was because they'd sold the lock cottages. The main was shared with the cottages and this tap. When the houses were sold they were put on a water meter, meaning if they'd kept the tap their water rates would be astronomical. Well that's what they told us anyway.

Has anyone thought to email or write to them?

When they removed the tap at Tottenham it was because they'd sold the lock cottages. The main was shared with the cottages and this tap. When the houses were sold they were put on a water meter, meaning if they'd kept the tap their water rates would be astronomical. Well that's what they told us anyway.

Has anyone thought to email or write to them?

This is certainly a possibility. I haven't written to CRT, apparently this started a couple of weeks ago so I'd hoped they'll already be aware.

London Taps:-

Tottenham - Removed

Stonebridge - Works but extermely low pressure - slow

Victoria Park - Removed

Angel - Refurbished and working (Still ?)

Little Venice - Working ?

Hell will freeze over before we get decent water pressure at Stonebridge, the main is tiny and we are located on an island. It would mean digging all the way back to the main road, they'll never do it. Too costly.

Anyway, on the LB Facebook group someone posted that a new tap is being fitted at Viccy Park. As we speak

there is a tap at mile end as well which is now working ;)

by the modern footbridge to Meath Gardens, a stainless standpipe

and the electric locks at Hackney Wick have water

and Limehouse basin

I make it 6 if you go from LV to LH and up to the Lee

and thats not including any on the Lee itself after ducketts cut junction

Edited by magnetman

Hell will freeze over before we get decent water pressure at Stonebridge, the main is tiny and we are located on an island. It would mean digging all the way back to the main road, they'll never do it. Too costly.

Anyway, on the LB Facebook group someone posted that a new tap is being fitted at Viccy Park. As we speak

it has been fixed

I don't know but according to someone I spoke to in CRT the new tap was there, 'for all of a couple of hours.' Before it was vandalised again. If this keeps happening, then I dont know if they'll replace it. Because we're eventually going to take over the boater services in Tottenham we've found out about repair costs - fair to say, in London they're astronomical. Not unusual to have to call someone out on a more than weekly basis. Our services have been vandalised for the copper pipes and boiler, but surely no one is interested in the tap at Viccy Park? It must be something else.

Is the Mile End tap on the offiside? Maybe thats the solution.

Edited by Lady Muck

I passed last evening and the tap has indeed been removed once again, and now the toilet is also locked with a chain and a non services key padlock.

Thanks CRT for the new tap at mile end, it has good pressure, but take a very long hose with you as many boats are moored up against it.

While I don't want to accuse the new cottage owners, I cannot think of an alternative motive for the continued vandalism. It's clearly not metal thieves as the pipework has been replaced with plastic.

Maybe it's not a shared water meter issue, but it just messes with their water pressure.

A tap on the offside is surely a very sensible idea.

I passed last evening and the tap has indeed been removed once again, and now the toilet is also locked with a chain and a non services key padlock.

Thanks CRT for the new tap at mile end, it has good pressure, but take a very long hose with you as many boats are moored up against it.

While I don't want to accuse the new cottage owners, I cannot think of an alternative motive for the continued vandalism. It's clearly not metal thieves as the pipework has been replaced with plastic.

Maybe it's not a shared water meter issue, but it just messes with their water pressure.

A tap on the offside is surely a very sensible idea.

glad you found the mile end tap. it was switched off until fairly recently. i'm not certain it is a crt tap I think it was put there for the limpics. when I tried it in the winter it was off an no obvious way to turn it on I suppose the main cock is in the building next door.

re the vicky park tap - its odd it keeps getting broken - with this going on I can't see any point in crt fixing it as its a waste of time. perhaps a cast iron standpipe like the BW ones with a lock on it may be better.

btw theres one above st pancras lock too...

Edited by magnetman