Fair Warning!! Camouflage Boat on Trent & Mersey

tillergirl

Featured Posts

Just to let you all know..............at 4 am this morning the camouflage boat towing its usual cruiser passed us. Its currently on its way towards Willington. Make sure your diesel tanks are padlocked and secured.

You have been warned ninja.gif

towards willington from Shardlow direction? Don't wish that boat on anyone but will be happy if it doesn't head for the Soar this year again! About time a police force were effective with them!

A few people I know on FB are that way and would like to know approx positions and direction if possible. TG, where were you when you saw them?

Edited by Ally

4am at Weston on Trent heading towards Willington. hope this helps ally. According to another boater moored here, they have been down here before and they seem to think they having a mooring at a marina beginning with "C" nearby. Would this be Cuttle Wharf? Its the only place myself and TG can think of.

Edited by Smiff63

Nothing that I can confirm personally, but it seems that a lot of boating related thefts are linked to it...there's a thread on here somewhere, but I can't find it right now...

May be totally innocent of course, but best to be prepared.

Janet

When it gets dark, don't forget to put the JAWS music on. A bit of mood music from Psycho, or something. And what ever you do - if you hear some noise, don't do anything that might make it easier to see.

Watching those horror movies, screaming at the telly - WHY DOESN'T SHE SWITCH THE F**KING LIGHT ON!!!!

If this boat is at Willington is there a grp cruiser attached to it? There was at 4am this morning. .................if not then where is it now? And is anyone missing one? We were told by another boater who arrived here this afternoon that it passed through Barrow upon Trent at around 6am though can't confirm if there was a cruiser with it. We have made aware that its diesel thefts in this area that it is connected with.

I am so pleased we have dogs on board!

Edited by tillergirl

If this boat is at Willington is there a grp cruiser attached to it? There was at 4am this morning. .................if not then where is it now? And is anyone missing one? We were told by another boater who arrived here this afternoon that it passed through Barrow upon Trent at around 6am though can't confirm if there was a cruiser with it. We have made aware that its diesel thefts in this area that it is connected with.

I've had to put a curse on Grace & Favour's zimmer.

I walked into Willington, down the lane, and walked to bridge 22 up the towpath from Willington. I got back to my boat, and thought, I'm not falling for that. huh.png

Lovely evenin' for a jape.

I've had to put a curse on Grace & Favour's zimmer.

I walked into Willington, down the lane, and walked to bridge 22 up the towpath from Willington. I got back to my boat, and thought, I'm not falling for that. huh.png

Lovely evenin' for a jape.

So is it not there now?

It doesn't always help. A few years back we moored at Huddlesford, and at about 4am the dogs barked. We told them to shut up and go back to sleep, so they did. When we awoke, the boat next door had gone. And so had half a tankful of our diesel (we now have a locking cap)

Ah well Allan if our dogs barked at that time in the morning we would get up to see why............and ours have different barks for different things too.

We too would trust Dennis' bark and interest at that time of night, he hears things we never do and it's often worth investigating.

We once stored a caravan on a farm that was stolen, the site owners told us the dogs were restless and barking at one particular point in the night, they never investigated, caravan gone....

My twopennyworth...

The offender was sent down at her majestys leisure to enjoy trouble free power generation, sky tv and not have to worry that the Trent might flood.He was probably releasedin the last two months.

In February I joined AlanJ for his first cruise up the Trent. We stopped at the pontoons just above Trent lock, and lo-behold, there was the Camboat.

It appeared that it must have sunk or had water ingress during the owners sojourn, and an older chap was taking everything out and carrying it up to the BW bins, mattreses, quilts, rugs, etc.He was not the chap pictured in the blog or seen by myself at Derwent Mouth Lock when the "blue butty" was sunken.

Unfortunately it is a camphone, so not brilliant, but this is the latest pic.

enhanced a bit

IMAG0571_zpsba82a8b6.jpg

Edited by matty40s
  • Greenie 1