anyone know about Baudin from 1930s?

dreadlockpasta

Featured Posts

anyone know about Baudin from 1930s? my searches only seem to find ads for the new engines,not the vintage stuff.cheers

Do you mean Baudouin?

I no nerthing, except how to spell it and that they are French.

Tim

Edit to add link

Edited by Timleech

Welcome to CWF. From your name, I assume that you are an Italian regage enthusiast (as distinct from an Irish reggae enthusiast, who is known as a Padlock).

Baudouins are not common in U.K. narrowboats, but I know of at least one boat which has one, owned by former waterways journalist Graham Fisher. It'a a vintage engine and, despite the firm still being in existence, the owner had great difficulty obtaining spare parts for it.

Are you considering buying a boat which has a Baudouin?

Edited by Athy

Welcome to CWF. From your name, I assume that you are an Italian regage enthusiast (as distinct from an Irish reggae enthusiast, who is known as a Padlock).

Baudouins are not common in U.K. narrowboats, but I know of at least one boat which has one, owned by former waterways journalist Graham Fisher. It'a a vintage engine and, despite the firm still being in existence, the owner had great difficulty obtaining spare parts for it.

Are you considering buying a boat which has a Baudouin?

Graham sold Amsterdam last year so maybe there is some connection.

I belive that Graham contacted Baudouin but was unable to get coperation from them.

Steve

Could well be a connection.

Or perhaps the topic title is slightly misspelt and the OP is asking if anyone knows about BOUDIN from the 1930s: he is seeking an old French recipe for black pudding.

anyone know about Baudin from 1930s? my searches only seem to find ads for the new engines,not the vintage stuff.cheers

Might well be worth a post on one or more of the Stationary Engine forums- Baudouin made engines for gen sets and the like I think.

N

Thanks for the replys.

I'm in the process of buying a boat with a 2 cylinder Baudouin,and was wondering about getting parts.cheers

Rocking horse poo is easier. They were mainly made from unobtainium.

N

Rocking horse poo is easier. They were mainly made from unobtainium.

N

hmm thats what I feared.I'm off out to France soon so will see if I can stock up on filters and bits.On the plus side ,if its lasted that long,its got to be fairly robust ,so what can go wrong! :rolleyes:

might find something over the channel, always interesting to try dutch site` veilingkijker`, it searches a few sites and you will probably never find what you are looking for but you can waste hours looking at boaty bits on it.