I hate you boaters

Skye

Featured Posts

I'm moving into a proper house for the first time since the 1970's, i have managed to convince myself it won't be too bad. :blush:

Do houselivers still talk to their neighbours? Can I use a lawnmower after 8 at night? Will i get hot and dry in summer? And what's all drama about rubbish!!!! Brown bins, Green bins, large or small, a special calender on the wall for the collection schedule, penalty of death perhaps for missing a chance to throw my garden waste away. Water rates FFS they have to pay to flush the loo or fill a kettle and they reckon boaters have it rough!

Oh i'm really looking forward to this :banghead:

Well, DON'T DO IT

Well, DON'T DO IT

No option at the moment unless i put my dad in a home, not something I want to do to be honest.

It's not a one way deal if it dosn't work out we can just move back into the boat.

No option at the moment unless i put my dad in a home, not something I want to do to be honest.

It's not a one way deal if it dosn't work out we can just move back into the boat.

Paul if you are not going to live on her now put your name down for a space on the island where we are ,Just a thought safe and cheaper than most by far and not many on the list ....just a thought Steve

What do you miss about living on land?

Only one thing really.............the luxury of not being able to lounge in a hot bubbly bath..............but I can live without it really.

Edited by tillergirl

• 4 weeks later...

Ah good point.

Main reason I don't live on either of my boats is my need for storage space for all my boiler spares along with easy access and secure parking for the van.

MtB

Mike you need summat like a Bantock butty methinks

Gser, sorry I didn't realise you were moving ashore for family reasons, forgive my stupid comments, I feel for you mate.

Playing music loud and not disturbing anybody

Practicing electric guitar without disturbing anybody

Playing loud diesel loco DVDs that shake the house to bits without disturbing anybody.

Doing any of the 3 above in the early hours without disturbing anybody (I live in a detached house)

Only one thing really.............the luxury of not being able to lounge in a hot bubbly bath..............but I can live without it really.

My parent's boat has a full size bath and you can fill it from the hot water tank which has an immersion heather fitted. Not sure if your answer means you miss having a bath or not being able to have a bath?

Casp'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well all the above hasnt put us off 3 weeks to go. Till we get on board. Just final bits to complete. I will miss my garden. but iam sure the boat will keep us both very busy.

We will keep you all posted.

I miss my freezer. Not because we live on ready meals as some people seem to think when I say this but because I miss having a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer, so I can add a few to the seafood lasagne I'm making, or a tub of ice cream I can raid, or can avail myself of the dozen cuts of usually expensive meat in the reduced counter which would normally cost me about £50 but I can now buy for £5 and freeze. Without a freezer I just grab two and sob quietly while I walk away from the other bargains.

Flush and forget would be good - plus just plugging things in and switching them on without thinking about it.

Storage has always been an issue but we've always been hoarders and it's liberating to get rid of stuff once you get used to it (though it's very difficult to get rid of that "it'll come in hand one day" voice!)

I don't miss any of the above enough to contemplate giving up this wonderful life and this great circle of friends we've built up.

Not thinking of moving back to land for a good while yet :)

I miss my freezer. Not because we live on ready meals as some people seem to think when I say this but because I miss having a bag of frozen prawns in the freezer, so I can add a few to the seafood lasagne I'm making, or a tub of ice cream I can raid, or can avail myself of the dozen cuts of usually expensive meat in the reduced counter which would normally cost me about £50 but I can now buy for £5 and freeze. Without a freezer I just grab two and sob quietly while I walk away from the other bargains.

Flush and forget would be good - plus just plugging things in and switching them on without thinking about it.

Storage has always been an issue but we've always been hoarders and it's liberating to get rid of stuff once you get used to it (though it's very difficult to get rid of that "it'll come in hand one day" voice!)

I don't miss any of the above enough to contemplate giving up this wonderful life and this great circle of friends we've built up.

Not thinking of moving back to land for a good while yet :)

Eeh, Ange. A'm reet proud of thee.

My mum had drawers full of stuff that "might come in useful one day". War time syndrome.

I have similar places on the boat. And the freezer loss is also mine. I used to cook double quantities and freeze a half for later. Cannot do that with our little freezer compartment. Only big enough for a bag of peas and some mince.