I hate you boaters

Skye

Featured Posts

So you have trouble with batteries,generators, solar wind, northern lights, the lot, and you think you have it rough! Try spending a night with us land locked souls who's neighbours have lost their electricity supply.

I know the easy answer is nothing, which is a cop out but,

What do you miss about living on land?

So you have trouble with batteries,generators, solar wind, northern lights, the lot, and you think you have it rough! Try spending a night with us land locked souls who's neighbours have lost their electricity supply.

I know the easy answer is nothing, which is a cop out but,

What do you miss about living on land?

I miss living on a bote

MtB

That's the first positive answer so far, unlike the wulley ones before you. I want to know what they miss, it must be something else they would be as positive as you. What is their secret pleasure of the land?

a big deep hot bath.

a garden.

being able to swing a cat.

my tropical fish and my chickens.

not having to tell at least 100 people per year that, actually, no, it's not cold on my boat in winter.

a big deep hot bath.

a garden.

Ah good point.

Main reason I don't live on either of my boats is my need for storage space for all my boiler spares along with easy access and secure parking for the van.

MtB

• Greenie 1

a big deep hot bath.

a garden.

my tropical fish and my chickens.

not having to tell at least 100 people per year that, actually, no, it's not cold on my boat in winter.

I've still got 10 days to go before I move onto the boat and already I miss the chickens and ducks I rehomed last week. I don't miss the neighbours complaining about the noise and smell though!

Just to flip it on it's head a while ...

I certainly won't miss the upstairs neighbours and their 9 month old, who seem to think it's fine to tramp up and down their flat, in hobnail boots, at 2 in the morning, when the rest of the world is asleep.

Might miss Sky, although I know some of you guys have it.

Will certainly miss fibre broadband.

Cheers,

Blakie :)

I'm moving into a proper house for the first time since the 1970's, i have managed to convince myself it won't be too bad. :blush:

Do houselivers still talk to their neighbours? Can I use a lawnmower after 8 at night? Will i get hot and dry in summer? And what's all drama about rubbish!!!! Brown bins, Green bins, large or small, a special calender on the wall for the collection schedule, penalty of death perhaps for missing a chance to throw my garden waste away. Water rates FFS they have to pay to flush the loo or fill a kettle and they reckon boaters have it rough!

Oh i'm really looking forward to this :banghead:

I miss being able to have a conversation with people that doesn't involved questions about, how warm it is, how I goto the toilet, where my posts goes, how I keep my food cold, if I have a bed and how much everything costs. Or being introduced as "This is Helen, she lives on a boat" which starts the whole vicious cycle of questions for the 1000th time.

H

I miss being able to have a conversation with people that doesn't involved questions about, how warm it is, how I goto the toilet, where my posts goes, how I keep my food cold, if I have a bed and how much everything costs. Or being introduced as "This is Helen, she lives on a boat" which starts the whole vicious cycle of questions for the 1000th time.

H

Perhaps preparing an FAQ handout sheet is a good solution when living aboard? :)

Just to flip it on it's head a while ...

I certainly won't miss the upstairs neighbours and their 9 month old, who seem to think it's fine to tramp up and down their flat, in hobnail boots, at 2 in the morning, when the rest of the world is asleep.

Might miss Sky, although I know some of you guys have it.

Will certainly miss fibre broadband.

Cheers,

Blakie :)

Must be a rough area were you live Blakie, 9 month old's in hobnail boots, I'd get out too :D

I'm moving into a proper house for the first time since the 1970's, i have managed to convince myself it won't be too bad. :blush:

Do houselivers still talk to their neighbours? Can I use a lawnmower after 8 at night? Will i get hot and dry in summer? And what's all drama about rubbish!!!! Brown bins, Green bins, large or small, a special calender on the wall for the collection schedule, penalty of death perhaps for missing a chance to throw my garden waste away. Water rates FFS they have to pay to flush the loo or fill a kettle and they reckon boaters have it rough!

Oh i'm really looking forward to this :banghead:

Paul sorry to hear that hear you keeping the boats?? is your dad ok?? and last but not least has the puppy calmed down yet??

Steve and Alex with the 2 Shepherds in case you are wondering who

Paul sorry to hear that hear you keeping the boats?? is your dad ok?? and last but not least has the puppy calmed down yet??

Steve and Alex with the 2 Shepherds in case you are wondering who

Keeping one boat, Apache, but the butty has now been sold, me dads ok, a bit flakey but he's always been like that :rolleyes:

Puppy is an 'utter nutter' but lovely all the same, we have hope for him

Hope you are all well.

Paul

Perhaps preparing an FAQ handout sheet is a good solution when living aboard? :)

Done it. A visitors guide to Lily Maud. Unfortunately it requires visitors to understand that they cannot leave lights on 24/7, keep to cold water running whilst they clean their teeth, have long hot showers, use 2000 $ of toilet paper to wipe their front or back passages (you know who you are. Daughter¥¥] And expect the tea fairy to visit every morning.

But at least I can say @read the user handbook" about operating the manual flushing toilet.

Flush and forget loo.

I was gonna say that.

Ooh, that's a goodun

Other than that I've got nothing. I did stay at my mums house last week and she's got an electric blankets in the spare room. If I'd ever enjoyed the luxury of an electric blanket before I'd miss that.

Edited by Doug Scullery