Rickmansworth Festival 18th/19th May

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

I have been persuaded to go - so nb Salar will be setting out from Iver to get there... Given that its my birthday on the 18th my wife shouldn't mind too much. Now how am I going to get to watch London Broncos v Wigan Saturday afternoon .... Rickie to Twickenham isn't the easiest of journeys.

• 3 weeks later...

Well an entry form for Ricky got sent off today.

Still not quite sure how the boat is getting there, (or back), but at least the form has gone in.

Edited by alan_fincher

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

A friend forwarded me this email. I hadn't received it (I mustn't be on their mailing list) so thought I'd share it here in case anyone else hasn't seen it...

Lucy :cheers:

> Dear Boaters,

>

> Important information if you have booked a boat in for the Rickmansworth Festival

>

> We are experiencing some problems with the Postal Service, we fear that some boat entries sent to our Batchworth address may have been lost. All boat entries that we have received, we have replied to the senders via e-mail with a confirmation. If you have sent us a boat entry and not received a confirmation, please can you contact us as soon as possible, preferably via e mail to rickyfestivalboats@gmail.com . We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

>

> John Brice

>

> Waterspace Manager

>

> 01494 873298

Hi all,

A friend forwarded me this email. I hadn't received it (I mustn't be on their mailing list) so thought I'd share it here in case anyone else hasn't seen it...

Lucy :cheers:

> Dear Boaters,

>

> Important information if you have booked a boat in for the Rickmansworth Festival

>

> We are experiencing some problems with the Postal Service, we fear that some boat entries sent to our Batchworth address may have been lost. All boat entries that we have received, we have replied to the senders via e-mail with a confirmation. If you have sent us a boat entry and not received a confirmation, please can you contact us as soon as possible, preferably via e mail to rickyfestivalboats@gmail.com . We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

>

> John Brice

>

> Waterspace Manager

>

> 01494 873298

Thanks very much for posting this.

We have had no confirmation of our postal application, so I have now emailed them.

(It's hard to see how you were ever going to find out otherwise, if your contact details, including email address, are on a form they claim they may never have received!)

Thanks very much for posting this.

We have had no confirmation of our postal application, so I have now emailed them.

(It's hard to see how you were ever going to find out otherwise, if your contact details, including email address, are on a form they claim they may never have received!)

You are not the only one who has had no confirmation Alan. I too have emailed them.

We haven't had any email confirmation but they seem to have cashed our cheque, so I'm taking that as a good sign (and have also emailed)!

Yes, but IIRC there was no cheque sent with ours, because it was a historic boat, and I think charges only applied if you had extras.

Anyway I have emailed them, so we'll see what they say.

I've also posted the message you supplied in about 4 Facebook groups to give it some wider coverage.

Tug of war, though? I don't know - I hate losing things - and there are some far bigger cheats take part than I could ever aspire to be. (One of them has a similar boat, and posts on here! :lol:).

It's not cheating, it's taking optimum advantage of the resources at your disposal to produce a favourable outcome.

Tycho won't be going but France and possibly (little) Victoria will be.

ETA, talking of which I need to do some entry forms!

Edited by Speedwheel

• 1 month later...

We finally got our number and stuff so we'll definitely be there. And after spending the day replacing our batteries and fixing the stern gland greaser and refitting the bedroom door and cleaning everything we're nearly ready too :)

We'll be there, with son & daughter-in-law and grandchildren again, plus their other granny. I hope to actually get to meet a few people this year!

We won't be taking the boat though, since as of this year we have a home mooring a short(ish) walk away! biggrin.png

We tried to book a place a couple of months ago but had no luck as all the places were booked. Luckily we've managed to find a mooring just south of Stockers lock so will be there anyway. Someone in the office told Heidi you need to book in January to secure a place for a wide boat !

Sorry lesd but that really is about the truth of it

We have very limited wide beam moorings available

We always open the books in January and if you would like to be on the mail shot please email

Rickyfestivalboats at gmail dot com

With your information

Regards

Chris

Harassed harbourmaster

Hi Chris

We'll remember to do it in Jan next year, but we're not so far away so its not the end of the world at all, £40 extra to spend in the beer tent is one way of looking at it!

Will email details, thanks for the tip

Les

Great - mooring details received, 30B allocated. Shame we are on the Slough Arm and the boat can't get there. Guess we have lost our £35 booking fee, I wonder if its transferable..... perhaps I should send the bill to CRT.

Just not the same going by bike.

Great - mooring details received, 30B allocated. Shame we are on the Slough Arm and the boat can't get there. Guess we have lost our £35 booking fee, I wonder if its transferable..... perhaps I should send the bill to CRT.

Just not the same going by bike.

I'm sure you could get a refund! Wasn't Lesd was saying further up this thread that they couldn't get a place because they were sold out in Janaury.? I'm sure there will be somone who would be glad of your place! Do ask the organisers! smile.png

Python is on 4a and Dave and I look forward to meeting a lot of new faces from the forum while we are there and renewing aquaintances with people we have met before.

I am fairy hopeless at placing the forum name to the real name (if I already know you on facebook) or matching boat name to either so please don't be too shy to introduce yourself. We will have our blue Chesterfield Canal Trust shirts on (possibly covered up with layers of winter woolies)

If any of you have any old mobile phones or printer cartridges (not Epson) that are destined for recycling we would love to give them a home. Proceeds go to The Chesterfield Canal Trust. (or if you don't want to lug them to the festival with you send me a PM and I can post you a supply of freepost envelopes you can send them off in) If we are not by Python when you pass then please just ask someone on a enighbouring boat to hang on to them for us.

Python is on 4a and Dave and I look forward to meeting a lot of new faces from the forum while we are there and renewing aquaintances with people we have met before.

ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Sickle is 4b.........

I hope the Chesterfield Canal Trust, (in the guise of their own "Aunty Wainwright") will not be charging "tolls" for each passage required across the rear deck of "Python" to access boats that are further from the bank.......

Damn! - I've given her ideas now - This could be expensive!

ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

Sickle is 4b.........

I hope the Chesterfield Canal Trust, (in the guise of their own "Aunty Wainwright") will not be charging "tolls" for each passage required across the rear deck of "Python" to access boats that are further from the bank.......

Damn! - I've given her ideas now - This could be expensive!

clapping.gif

What a brilliant idea!

At least we know we have friendly neighbours :)

If we ensure Python is tied really tight to the bank and to Sickle too then you can act as a buoyancy aid for her in case she decided to take on water again :)

I'm sure you could get a refund! Wasn't Lesd was saying further up this thread that they couldn't get a place because they were sold out in Janaury.? I'm sure there will be somone who would be glad of your place! Do ask the organisers! smile.png

Our boat is a widebeam (10'6'') so doubt that would work but the organisers told me there were oversubscribed for narrow boats too so maybe there's one nearby that could take Roggies place, well worth contacting the organisers I'd have thought.

And your neighbour surprised you why ?????

Re Slough boats, if you cannot attend please let me know then we may be able to allocate the mooring to somebody else

as you are all aware ALL money from waterspace goes directly to Rickmansworth Waterways Trust to further the good work the trust does within the community , if you cannot make it due the Slough Arm stoppage then the trust will issue a refund OR you could be generous and consider it a worthwhile donation !

Chris