"the end of constant cruisers"

Alfie & Smartie

Featured Posts

Sorry Higgs - I'm not getting what you mean.

Like the people who belong to or have close connections with a Trust, Trust has clear associations for you. CRT are trying to appeal to a broader section of the public who have no particular specific reference amongst many, but the most obvious.

Ps. I don't think the use of 'The Trust' is of any use, outside CRT context material.

Edited by Higgs

Like the people who belong to or have close connections with a Trust, Trust has clear associations for you. CRT are trying to appeal to a broader section of the public who have no particular specific reference amongst many, but the most obvious.

Geddit -

I'm not totally convinced though that 'The Trust' most obviously means the National Trust to ordinary 'Joe public', but you could just as possibly be correct and my 'take' on it is from what I was steeped in for 33 years.....

Correct I have this from Sally Ash herself no less.

Or they are happy to be referred to as 'The Trust' or Canal and River Trust depending on the context of how it is being used.

I too sometimes see Carlt when I see Cart or C&rt for what it is worth.

I intrigued to know how you managed to post this and 21 others if you are 'not on this forum' :unsure:

This forum or blog---http://blogger.dreyer.ch/2007/09/niiomtplaboparmbetzhelbetrabsbom.html

:rolleyes: not the http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?act=idx :tired:

Bless.

I think you'll find most people get on with their lives rather than looking over their shoulders.

My proof; the lack of lampposts with head-height dents.

Bless you too :)

Perhaps I could have said "they should not be surprised when the day of reckoning comes".

Clearly many "get away with it", and some have done so for a long time. There may even be some who could argue that the fact that they haven't been pursued means that it has become an accepted norm but, prima facie, they can't really justifiably complain when they're "nicked", and asked to move on.

It matters not to me - they don't affect me, and I don't affect them. I'm just commenting in a discussion. I also think if there is a rule, it should be enforced and, if it isn't, the enforcers can't really complain when they eventually decide to enforce, and meet with dissent and resistance, (see "accepted norm" above - not sure if it's a legal term, but it seems sensible).

The Canal and River Trust definitely don't like being called CART. I did this and got bollocked by Vince Moran.

He said it is "The Trust".

Therefore my vote goes to CART. Which however much CART try they will always be abbreviated to CART - it's a bit like when the new pence came in pedants wanted it to be called "pence" but it just became "P" these sort of things have a way of working themselves out. No idea how but....

Just wondered if Mr Ponting ever reads this as he hasn't defended his corner or is he above hanging out with us plebs oops sorry to use that word but I'm not a politician.

Talking of which we had Dave down here campaigning in the Eastleigh bye buy election trying to gain points this time. My vote is going to Elvis Loves Pets.

I thought, in light of the abbreviation culture it might be nice to have a guide to all this continuity.

So I proudly present;

PInk’s Guide to Boating Abbreviations

CA continuous arseholes

CB continuous boating

CC continuous cruisers

CD continuous daily mail readers

CE continuous enjoyment

CF continuous followers

CG continuous greivances

CH continuous hassle

CI continuously impaired

CJ continuous journey

CK continuously kick off

CL continuous leaks

CM continuous moaners

CN continuous naggers

CO continue off

CP continuously petty

CQ continuous quacking

CR continuous rewriting of the rules

CS continuous sneering

CT continuously try

CU continuous underlying problems

CV continuous verbosity

CW continuous whingers

CX continuous washers

CZ continuous ZZZs

NCCC never ceasing continuous moaners

To sum up:

Because of the CV of so many CAs who are CMing about CCers, whipping up the CDs into a frenzy of CS without identifying any CU - not exclusively those whose boats are covered with CWs - the CE of our CB is CI. It should be obvious that a CJ is impossible no matter how much CR occurs even though this is in danger of being just so much CH as the CP crusaders CT to air CGs in an attempt to CK those they don't like.

Therefore it would be great if the NCCCers would just CO because it really is just so much CZ.

Brilliant :cheers: