Not having a mooring

Halesowenmum

Featured Posts

Because most boats are owned outright but situated on property owned by someone else,I think this is the crux of the matter.We are not talking about renting property owned by a landlord on the landlords land.My boat is my property.

Of course it is just like a static caravan or the highly ornate and expensive vans of the travelling folks. However taking the static as an example if you don't stick by the terms of your rental agreement you are made to leave. Often with the terms of rental saying you must sell to the park owner, just as they often say that if you want to replace an old static you have to buy from them.

At least if somebody has to leave the canal for whatever reason they aren't bound by having to sell to CRT.

Of course it is just like a static caravan or the highly ornate and expensive vans of the travelling folks. However taking the static as an example if you don't stick by the terms of your rental agreement you are made to leave. Often with the terms of rental saying you must sell to the park owner, just as they often say that if you want to replace an old static you have to buy from them.

At least if somebody has to leave the canal for whatever reason they aren't bound by having to sell to CRT.

Fair comment, why you see the terms and conditions of some static home park they make C&RT look like the tellytubbies, considering a lot of residents are older people it needs looking at, after all it their home and they have less rights than a squatter.

Cracking idea! I can see a lot of existing marina and long term on line moorers having a go at that, it has to be cheaper. Just one problem, how many existing CMers do you think it will attract?

George ex nb Alton retired

Would those that use marinas be keen on losing leccy,car parking and security for their beloved boat.Most wouldn't I am sure!The ideas I have put forward are for those who live on their boat,do not want or cannot afford a residential marina or they cannot find a residential berth.

Would those that use marinas be keen on losing leccy,car parking and security for their beloved boat.Most wouldn't I am sure!The ideas I have put forward are for those who live on their boat,do not want or cannot afford a residential marina or they cannot find a residential berth.

All seems to read reasonably and then I wonder what's the point why go through the motions of all this roving permits administration and enforcement. Why not just create a lot more long term moorings and charge for them (answer probably the deal done between CRT & marina owners) and enforce the existing rules elsewhere.

All seems to read reasonably and then I wonder what's the point why go through the motions of all this roving permits administration and enforcement. Why not just create a lot more long term moorings and charge for them (answer probably the deal done between CRT & marina owners) and enforce the existing rules elsewhere.

I am all for more long term moorings,however this would or could lead to the "long lines of boats theory".I heard from many liveaboards that they would like to cruise but within a defined area and pay for the ability to do so and this would be cheaper for them and for CRT,more revenue,less capital needed to supply long term moorings.The pricing for long term moorings are out of the reach of alot of these boaters,so a reasonable pricing system needs to be found for the cruising zones.

Edited by bowten