Strange what you find on a boat

Trix

Featured Posts

Whilst looking under floors etc today after finding some unwanted rust earlier i found this, its from 1989 and makes for interesting reading , licence fees, the latest systems at the time etc etc but the list of builders is enormous and it lists number of hulls built , springer had built 4000 by 1989 calcutt 200 . They sent a survey to 110 builders i wonder how many are still going ???

1911b1d9-9a65-4e9d-b8e0-5dee6e141f19_zps84efc7b9.jpg

That's quite a relief - we found a collection of Polaroids depicting the previous owners in various states of nudity... and worse! :wacko:

Don't understand. Surely one is either nude or clothed. Nude is, well, nude. Clothed is fully, partly, whatever, so I don't think you can have varying states of nudity. Unless of course, the pictures that you found prove differently.

Don't understand. Surely one is either nude or clothed. Nude is, well, nude. Clothed is fully, partly, whatever, so I don't think you can have varying states of nudity. Unless of course, the pictures that you found prove differently.

I don't think you quite grasped the point and your pedantry shows a lack of imagination. Whilst it may not be specifically correct the post you commented on quite vividly pictures what they found and what it portrayed.

It's rotten having your posts corrected eh? ;)

I don't think you quite grasped the point and your pedantry shows a lack of imagination.

Showing a lack of imagination is exactly what I was trying to do.

Whilst it may not be specifically correct the post you commented on quite vividly pictures what they found and what it portrayed.

It's rotten having your posts corrected eh? ;)

It's even more rotten having your posts completely misinterpreted and cunning plans spoiled.

Rather than come straight to the point, as others have since, and ask the OP to upload the pictures, I thought that by projecting a degree of innocent naivity by being unnecessarily pedantic about use of the word 'nude' might persuade the OP to explain in greater detail. But now you've gone and spoiled it for everyone by making it unnecessary for the OP to comment further, something your auspicious namesake from Swindon would never have done.

Can I suggest that if you don't want to join in the fun, you shouldn't reply.

Showing a lack of imagination is exactly what I was trying to do.

It's even more rotten having your posts completely misinterpreted and cunning plans spoiled.

Rather than come straight to the point, as others have since, and ask the OP to upload the pictures, I thought that by projecting a degree of innocent naivity by being unnecessarily pedantic about use of the word 'nude' might persuade the OP to explain in greater detail. But now you've gone and spoiled it for everyone by making it unnecessary for the OP to comment further, something your auspicious namesake from Swindon would never have done.

Can I suggest that if you don't want to join in the fun, you shouldn't reply.

Whos's not having fun?

Oh well never mind huh?

I am not so sure you are right about the great man as he was an Edwardian gent and pretty straight backed his word was law and did not suffer fools gladly. But comparisons in this context are not really useful as the worlds they occupy are too far apart.

That's quite a relief - we found a collection of Polaroids depicting the previous owners in various states of nudity... and worse! :wacko:

Hi thanks for the pictures by Email.

Just one question How did they manage to get the donkeys, elephants, and 12 blind nuns onto a 35ft Springer?

:)

You did better than me, after I literally had to force the seller to remove all of his late father's things from onboard (ornaments etc, nothing boat related or useful- fortunately said late father's body had already been removed some time prior)... All I found was a load of dirt, an old laminated 'for sale' sign that given the boat name on it must have been knocking about from when the boat was sold to the prior owner over ten years previously, oh and a pair of (dirty) men's y-fronts under a bench seat.

They would be slightly unique if they did.

oh and a pair of (dirty) men's y-fronts under a bench seat.

I found some of those under the engine... I think the dirt was oil (I have to believe...)

In order to preserve the forum (and my mind - it took several hours to get over the shock) I shall not be posting the prints. Purely for quality control reasons... That SX70 film fades so badly. I do hope the previous owner is not a member (of the forum).

As for various states, I'm sticking with my description and going no further :banned: